MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Itchy Rash

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Itchy Rash

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CMH64

My husband Troy had a related SCT on 11/16/04 for CMML/AML. There is concern that he has relapsed and is having a follow up BMB this week. He has had an itchy rash for over six weeks now. A skin biopsy about a month ago showed drug reaction. Meds have been changed and substituted and nothing has helped. Two weeks ago they decided to treat for GVHD with a two week taper of prednisone. The rash has gotten progressively worse. He now looks like he has been scalded over much of his body. In the last few days the intense itching has subsided and he now feels like his skin is crawling. Sleep has been difficult. Does anyone have any experience with such a rash? We have tried so many things in combinations that it is difficult to tell but nothing seems to have helped. Could this be the result of relapse? Thanks for your help. Cathy

Neil

From your description it sounds like it could be GVHD.
    Has he tried Benedryl? Taking a warm bath in Aveeno might provide some temporary relief.
    Possible he will have to wait it out till it subsides.
    Neil

patti

Is it possible he’s got yeast on his skin? My MIL had a terrible yeast infection on her skin from her feet to her knees and also on her arms. The doc blew us off and said it couldn’t be that but I treated her with nystatin cream and the entire thing went away. As long as she uses the nystatin cream the rash doesn’t come back. The doctor admitted he must have been wrong. You might just try some to see if it works. If it does, great. You’ll prove the docs wrong. If not, back to drawing board?

I can’t help with GVHD. Sorry.

patti

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert