MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

I've lost a dear friend

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board I've lost a dear friend

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcla

I haven’t posted anything lately, because of confusion about what was happening to my friend, Ralph. From everything going smoothly with Dacogen treatments, his counts began to drop in Nov. and he was back to platelet and RB tx’s in Jan. He received one Vidaza treatment in mid January. Ralph began to have balance problems and on Fri.2/13 he was admitted to the hospital with severe light headedness and a slight nosebleed. After an MRI on Sunday, Ralph was diagnosed with vertigo with evidence of a little hemorraghing in the lower cranial area. On Monday, he was discharged and ready to leave the hospital when a rehab nurse came and suggested more rehab in a care facility. We agreed and a few minutes later, a nurse came in and said the doctor wanted a Ct Scan and he would have to stay another night. The next day, Ralph slipped into a coma and he passed peacefully early Wed. 2/18. His battle with CMML did not stop his active, outgoing spirit…. he walked at the Y the 3 days before he entered he hospital, started another of his wood carvings, and had planted tomato seeds for his garden. I’m going to miss my special guy..
    I want you all to know reading the forum and the experiences of others has helped me so much in the past two years.
    May God bless all of you and be with you as you deal with this terrible disease.
    Marla

Zoe

Marla,

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

Zoe

Marcla

Zoe…Thank you for the condolence note. MDS is such a frustrating disease.. I admire the strong determination of the members of the forum to learn all they can about their illness. By following many of the topics, I acquired a much better understanding of what Ralph was dealing with. I will be praying for you …. Take care of yourself…. Marla

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Marla,

Thank you for YOUR words of encouragement during this time of loss for you. Ralph sounded like a wonderful guy and he was surely blessed to have you by his side.

Take care of yourself and keep checking in on us. People that have been through this almost always have something to share with another that is living with this.

Mary

jaxem

marla
    so sorry to hear about ralph. try to keep busy as the grieving can be tough on you. after 5 months, I continue to have good & bad days. please feel free to e-mail me about what you are experiencing.

Marcla

Jack, I have tried to send you an email. At the same time I was changing my email address. The change has been verified, but I’m not sure if you received the note. Could you let me know via email…. Thanks, Marla

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert