MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Janet – sugarwhale

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Janet – sugarwhale

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    sugarwhale

Dear Ellie,
    Aw! Thanks so much! I’d really appreciate that. It IS true that nothing is pure anymore, and that’s really sad.
    Thanks, Ellie!
    ~~~ Janet

patti

Janet,

There is a consumers website (kind of like consumer reports) that did a bunch of research on different companies that make nutritional supplements. I have a friend whose been doing her herbal training for the past two years and she looked into which companies were best and what she came away with was Puritan’s Pride. They are really inexpensive supplements which would make one think they’re probably not that good but she said in reviewing all of the studies of different companies they came out with supplements that actually had what they said they were supposed to, they were the strength they said they should be, etc. She’s not available right now so I can’t get you the website but I can try and check with her next week. In the meantime, you can check out puritan prides website at http://www.puritan.com.

Oh, and Ellie is so right! How much more toxic can veggie caps be then chemo or revlimid?

take care

patti

sugarwhale

Dear Patti,
    Thanks so much! We’ll check it all out. Our fine doctor is broadminded about supplements and herbs; if we can show him of the safety of something, he’ll go along with it. We do value his opinion though; so, we’ll certainly do as he says. Thanks so much for the recommendation and the Web site!
    ~~~ Janet

patti

Janet,

You are soooooo blessed to have a doctor that is so open minded about supplements/nutrition. We’ve been through 3 doctors and there isn’t one that will admit that what mom is doing nutritionally/supplemental is why she’s doing so well. They just keep telling us she’s an “anomoly.” I’m serious. I felt bad for mom when he said that because he has no idea how much time she spends juicing, making sure she’s taking everything she’s supposed to, etc. She easily spends at least two hours a day with her regiman. Anomoly? I could have slapped that guy. So, hang on to this guy and advertise his name wherever you can because he is a RARE breed.

Patti

sugarwhale

Dear Patti,
    Yes, we think our doctor is wonderful. I guess the biggest thing about him that we love is that he will FIGHT to keep my mom alive. Before we found our good doctor, we went to one who wasn’t good. Believe me, had we continued with Dr. Quack, my mom would’ve died a couple of years ago. There’s another thing our good doctor does that is wonderful, too: He considers the doctor-patient relationship to be a partnership. In other words, if we ask him about, say, Essiac Tea and other things, he’ll work with us to find the answers. He doesn’t just act disgusted and think we’re too stupid to know anything. I like the way I can talk to him. He’ll also answer my emails, and THAT is a real rarity from a doctor! Yes, Patti, we’re very lucky. Thanks again for your help.
    ~~~ Janet

gemloyear

Hi,Janet, I tried to post a web site that had an article about cruciferous vegetables and I couldn’t get it to come up. The capsules that she purchased were from the Life ExtensionCo. mfg. for Quality Supplements and Vitamins Inc.The article was in LE Magazine Jan.2006 report: 13c&Dim-Action Protection Against Deadly Cancers.Their main web site is http://www.lef.org There was a ton of material there, but I was trying to send only the one article and it didn’t work. You’ll have to forgive me as I’m not very computer literate. Maybe your Mom would even eat broccoli if she read what it could do for her.
    Take care Ellie

sugarwhale

Hi, Ellie!
    Thank you again for your care and finding this Web site. I know that broccoli is a wonderful food for all of us. My mom knows it too. She says that veggies are just abhorent to her though! We are working with our fine doctor on increasing my mom’s appetite and her desire for nutritious foods. Thanks again for everything, Ellie. Our best to you and yours also!
    ~~~ Janet

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert