MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Loretta from MDS to AML

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Loretta from MDS to AML

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    LorettaV

Loretta’s MDS>AML
    I’ve been off List-serves and Forums for the last week or so, and thought you might appreciate an update. I checked into MDAnderson late Dec. 19. The following day I had tests done, finding my unusual heart structure, which made drs. unsure about the placement of my Central Line. They also gave me a bag of platelets, so they could insert the line. After a CAT scan assured them of correct placement they began chemo: Idarubicin, and Cytarabine. Christmas day I was finished with the chemo. infusion. In addition to the platelets, I have had 4 RBC transfusions. My energy level is good, until they give me benedryl pre-transfusion. Slight n/d, controlled with Zofran and Lomotil. Lost my appetite the 3rd day and have that yucky mucous coating in my mouth that makes everything taste undesirable. I’m in Protective Environment room and can only visit through a glass window on speaker phone, but if this keeps me infection free I can do it. Thank you for the responses and prayers. They keep my spirit lifted.

Russ

Many prayers, Loretta.

willie

One day at a time and start looking for your neutrophil count to reappear and start climbing. Will be thinking of you. Willie

Caroline

Loretta.

You are a brave lady. My prayers are with you.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Bkwits

Dear Loretta,
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your healing and peace of mind.
    Barb

Terri

Continued prayers,
    God Bless

SimonChai

Hi, Loretta. Thanks so much for letting us know how you’re doing. You sound good! I know how tough it is. You have a great attitude.

I looked back through the old messages but can’t tell–are you having a transplant when the chemo is over? Wondering how long you’ll be there.

Stay well and let us know how things progress.

All my best for a healthy new year for you,

gemloyear

Hi Loretta, My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I admire your courage.
    God Bless, Ellie

maueenh
    Participant

Loretta,

So glad to hear that the chemo is going ok. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Thank you for the update.

Maureen

LorettaV

Simon asked about transplant. They have been looking for donor for 19 months, and retested my sister and children. So, I don’t know yet if I will have a transplant or not. As soon as my Blasts went 32%, next wk 42%, the transplant docs sent me to Leukemia docs.I finished chemo 6 days ago, and I’ll have first bmb in 9 days, then another a week later. I may talk to dr. about transplant possiblility later in treatment. As my counts fall I get platelet and RBC tx, daily or every other day. Still exercising, trying to eat, and emailing. Still feeling positive, “with a little help from my friends’ and my Faith in God.

Harold

Loretta, continue to stay strong… mentally, physically and spiritually. I hope the chemotherapy has been successful in getting you to remission. Keep the faith and I’ll pray for deliverance as well.

SimonChai

Hi, Loretta; You’re doing well to send such coherent emails during intense chemo treatment. I know I wasn’t able to!

I am thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Simon C.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert