MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Loss of gripping in hands

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Loss of gripping in hands

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mary Weaver
    Participant

Hello I was diagnosed with low risk MDS 2 years ago. I haven’t had any treatments on the watch and wait.I’ll get second BMB results on thursday feb 24th ( 3 days after my 58th bday). Anyways my queation is has anyone had problems with holding pencils ir picking stuff up off of tables etc. I love to do crafts and am finding it harder to pick up or hold my pens or crochet hooks etc.any advice would be helpful thank yiu

Kevin Dugan
    Participant

I think that must be coming from something else. Get it evaluated.

Robin Smith
    Participant

I have problems with gripping at times and can symptomize with your frustration.. especially if you like working with your hands. You might want to have a neurological evaluation done. I’m much older than you (76) and I’m thinking age alone most likely contributes to my difficulty with gripping and the occasional tremor, but at 58 I wouldn’t think that would be the case with you. Do you also experience tremors? I’ve not run across an association with MDS, but it still could be related to it in some way.

Mary Roth
    Participant

I felt like I’d lost strength in movements like pulling open a zip lock bag and removing items that required twisting between thumb and forefinger. I went to PT and got helpful exercises. But, I agree with others: have your situation checked out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert