MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Low Nuetraphils with Vidaza and G-CSF treatments

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Low Nuetraphils with Vidaza and G-CSF treatments

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dhanlon1950
    Participant

Hi all
    I’m new to this site and am interested if anyone has MDS with low consistently low neutrophil counts. Vidaza (10 rounds so far) has not managed to stablise them so have been self-injecting G-CSF for the last 6 months.

If you have any thoughts, they are most welcome.

David

Michael
    Participant

I was diagnosed in June 2016. My neutrophils have been chronically low since outset, typically around 1.6 with absolute neutrophils between 400 to 700. I responded well to neupogen and was self administering shots twice weekly. My local hematologist scheduled me for Vidazza but a second opinion from a Center of Excellence cancelled that course, in July 2016. I no longer take neupogen unless I’ve developed some sort of infection, mostly skin infections.

While my peripheral blood is always low in wbc, my C of E doc says that the neutrophils are getting to my tissue and therefore have not suffered anything other than minor skin infections.

Thankfully I’ve been treatment free and without transfusions. My last neupogen injection was in January 2020.

Carmen Perez
    Participant

Hola David, por fin encuentro personas que tienen MSD con globulos blancos bajos.
    Yo fui tratada también con Vidaza (14 Ciclos) pero lamentablente no hubo una buena respuesta.Actualmente estoy en espera de otro tratamiento.
    Me aplico Filgrastin dos veces a la semana. Tu cada cuanto te aplicas G-SFC?…

Carmen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert