MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Low platelets again………

Home forums Patient Message Board Low platelets again………

This topic contains 17 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Carrie 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

patti

Butch,

Have you and Ashley research ITP to see if it might be ITP instead of MDS? Is the doctor checking for either or is he still going on his theory that it’s postinfectious thrombocytopenia? That seems pretty low for a postinfectious state…..

patti

ButchL
    Participant

Patti:

The doc said her white blood cells show that she is still fighting an infection so she is staying with her previous diagnosis of postinfectious thrombocytopenia.

Carrie

Butch,

I’m glad to hear that she is doing better and that it’s not AML. I hope she is still doing well.

I thought about you the other day because I heard the Goo Goo Doll’s “Better Days” and I remember you quoted it last year. Well, I am having better days as is my mom and I hope you are, too!

Merry Christmas,
    Carrie

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert