MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Low risk patient on HMA

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Low risk patient on HMA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe Catalano
    Participant

1-Is there anybody who was diagnosed as a low risk MDS who was placed on HMA although usually prescribed for high risk. 2- Is there anyone who was placed on HMAs and had it prove Helpful for greater than 15 months

Amy S.
    Participant

I am on HMA treatment (Vidaza). I am not sure if I am low risk or not although my initial blood counts a bit higher than some other postings. I have been under treatment for almost 2 years and it was effective to get me normal numbers. There are other postings in this forum about on HMA treatment for over 5 years.

Linda
    Participant

My husband is low risk MDS and was put on Vadaza he has done 4 rounds with unfortunately no success,Moffatt suggested going on Reblozyl and his first treatment was today.hopefully this will boost his HMG, he is transfusion dependent. He does not have Ring Sideroblasts and I read that Reblozyl works best If that is present.

Joe Catalano
    Participant

Thank you for that info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert