MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Luspatercept

Home forums Patient Message Board Luspatercept

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    mike abrams
    Participant

OK Folks , update on Luspatercept (for me) , I started this thread back in May when I had my first shot……I had a bad reaction (face swelling , barfing etc). My Dr. at the time stopped with the Luspatercept because of the reaction and I went back to 2 shots (40,000 each) of Procrit a week . My RBC has been down all the time , I have been going for weekly transfusions, have received 22 pints of blood since the middle of May. New Dr. advised lets try Luspaterecpt again, about 3 weeks ago. This time I took some type of steroid the day before the shot and morning of…..prior to the injection of Luspatercept my RBC was 7.3 , 4 days after my RBC was 9.4 , a week or so later , last Monday was 9.3 ! Good stuff ! Feeling good with very little side effects , next shot of “L” is this next Thursday , hoping it will hold my numbers up and relief me of the transfusions . Will advise again in a couple of weeks.

namllits2002
    Participant

See my post on “Incredible Drug – Reblozyl” – explains my experience as to results and cost issues.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert