MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Maryformike and others It's Jersey Guy

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Maryformike and others It's Jersey Guy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ramey2148

I hope everyone is trying to stay as positive as possible. I was 1 year cancer free August 31st. Took the biopsy and found out that the AML came back. They injectedd me again with my donor’s cells and i have been in and out of the hospital fighting GVHD for a few months. Durin this time I was unable to see my only son be bourn, thats right Mary a little boy 10-12-11. It has been a difficult time on the family but I have a support group that people could only imagine. I am sorry to those who were following me, for not keeping everyone as up to date as I should. It has been a long road but was just told, after 100 day BMB that there is no cancer again. I am so happy for that news. Now I have to get some strength back but that is part of the process. Mary if you google Bob or Robert Amey or Team Amey you will see alot of things people have been doing for me. It’s been overwhelming. Hope Mike is doing well and hope to hear from you soon. Folks attitude and prayer will help so much with your recovery so stay possitive and say a little prayer every night. We have all been dealt a bad hand but that gives us the oprtunity to appreciate the simple things in life more than the person who has not been through what we have. I guess I am saying just cherish the good as much as possible and don’t let the bad control your everyday
    Take care all and God Bless
    Bob aka Jerseyguy

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Oh, Bob! Praise the Lord for your wonderful news on your 100 day biopsy. I have been praying that things were working in your favor after your last post saying that the cancer was back. I am sure that this has been a struggle, but yes, a support system is SO important……and as you mentioned, prayer in all things! Often the Lord brings these trials into our lives to bring us closer to him, to put out trust in him. It sounds like that is exactly what you have done. How is that little guy doing? I’ll bet that he is growing and changing everyday! I am sure that watching him everyday will give you strength and hope, too! I am going to google the sites you mentioned to check them out. Mike is doing well, thanks for asking. He retires next week! !!! Another BIG life change, but we are ready to embrace it and move on to our next journey. We feel so blessed to be given this second chance. You will continue to be in my prayers and please post when you can!
    I am so happy for you and your family, Bob!

Mary

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Bob, watched the Mudder on Youtube. What tribute of friendship and support for you! Awesome!

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Bob, Just watched a few more of the Youtube events. How many have they guys done in your name? These guys go beyond the meaning of friendship! You are blessed. So many people have no one.
    Mary

ramey2148

They have done 3 so far and are doing a 4th . I am so blessed to have the friends and family I do. The majority of the runners are other Police officers tthat I have had friendships with through training and other encounters. They came to my house and put up my christmas lights for the family because I was sick, they took my garbage out, they cut my grass, aand do other things to help my family while I am an hour and a half away in the hospital. They ran fundraisers that have allowed my families financial life not to be as difficult as it could be. They just scheduled a bike run and golf tournament in April and May to help some more. My town just gave me a disability leave until August to get back to work. If I can get back great if not i will have to retire and find a new career. Thanks for responding and hope to hear from you soo.
    Bob

ramey2148

Still hanging in there Mary. It is a slow process but getting stronger everday. I always try to think of the possitives because you can just ruin the time you have thinking negative. -I am here -I can enjoy my son – I ccan enjoy family and friends- I am not in the Hospital -i can eat (but still can’t taste) – I can drive localy – I can walk – and did I mention I get to see my son everday.
    Hope all is well with you and your husband and enjoy retirement.

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Bob, What a great post. You are going to make it because of your attitude and outlook. A person can always find something to be thankful for and to find a blessing in our days. You have many blessings as you recognize. Your body may be weak now, but your resolve is strong. So what if you can’t taste things right now ~~~~~~~~~~ heck, you get to see your son everyday!!!! What a gift! Thanks for the well wishes. We are enjoying Mike’s retirement so far, all two weeks of it! What a gift of time and healing he received.
    Keep healing and enjoy that baby. You and your family are in my prayers.
    Mary

Anneg

Hey Jersey Guy:

What great news!!!!!!!!!! So glad you got to see your son being born. That is one of the worlds amazing pleasures in life. Enjoy your new found freedom. Hope it all stays this wonderful for you.

Anneg
    God Bless

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert