MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS and Drug Study Options

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS and Drug Study Options

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Myra Shaw
    Participant

I was diagnosed with MDS EB! in May. They are telling me that I have 2 choices… a new drug study that includes Vidaza and APR-246 or traditional Dacogen. This came on suddenly and has progressed rapidly. I would love to chat with someone who is going to through the same thing. I am scared and don’t feel Moffit is giving me answers. What can I expect? How long has your treatment been working? Is anyone doing this drug study? Any advise? I need hope.

Sherry Pratt
    Participant

Myra. Go get a second opinion pronto. Your physicians should be telling you everything and sitting down with you and explaining every option available to you based on your age, health and disease type.
    Sherry Pratt
    Pratt8075@aol.com

Myra Shaw
    Participant

Thank you. Are you a patient? What treatments did you take?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert