MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS question

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS question

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jenni Jamieson
    Participant

Can someone please tell me if MDS is cancer? I have 2 children that have had stem cell transplants as a result of MDS. I have been told that it isn’t, also that it is

Shelley Frady
    Participant

My mom was only diagnosed 2 days ago and the oncologist said it is. That is all I know.

Jenni Jamieson
    Participant

I’m in New Zealand, where are you from? Hope your mum is ok

katie hall
    Participant

I was told it was pre-cancer, but I believe recent research findings are now calling it a form of blood cancer. I think it will take a while for it to seep through to all medical professionals… it also is not cancer in the traditional sense as it sometimes requires no treatment at all, just monitoring.

Shelley Frady
    Participant

We are in the US

Allan Romriell
    Participant

My oncologist says its cancer, so does this MDS website.

Richard Rockwell
    Participant

My oncologist also says its cancer.

Pat Stroup
    Participant

My mother is 86, has MDS, and was diagnosed in August. She has all the symptoms right now. She has refused treatments of any kind and at the present she has severe diarrhea. Says she’s had the diarrhea for over a week now. Also, her mental health has deteriorated greatly. She goes into a hateful rage at the least thing. Is this a sign of last stage of MDS?

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Hello my dad has just been diagnosed and we were told mds is a pre cancer state in the type he has however I’m aware there are several different mds under the same umbrella so o don’t know if this pre state applies to them all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert