MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Medicare part d plan

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Medicare part d plan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Roderick McCune
    Participant

Does any Medicare part D drug plan cover a portion of Vidaza cost or is it all out of pocket? I have silver Script currently.

Cliff Potenza
    Participant

I was in Vidaza for over 3 years and never paid for it because it was an integral part of my cancer treatment and was covered under part b.

Kathleen Till
    Participant

I had Vidaza for five months and mine was covered by Medicare.

Just has Transplant and Medicare covered that too.

Have a grant for prescriptions and that pays the cost of most of my Medicare co-pays. Also pays for my monthly Medicare payments, monthly prescription for RX and my supplemental.
    The above I believe is only offered when you get a transplant.
    At the moment we are only living in Social Security so we qualified for grants. You can still own a house and get these grants, they only take SS into account.

Hope this helps.

Kathy

Roderick McCune
    Participant

Thanks Kathleen and Cliff. I appreciate your guidance. Glad to hear there is help down the line when I begin treatment.

Lisa Dana
    Participant

Mine was paid for by grants. You can also look up Patient Advocate Foundation they can offer some assistance in grants or co-pays also.

Roderick McCune
    Participant

Thanks Lisa for your input

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert