MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Message Board SPAM – Update and Apology

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Message Board SPAM – Update and Apology

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mdsfound

Hello from the team at the MDS Foundation!

We just wanted to post an apology to our message board users. Our board was recently attacked by a malicious spam robot that managed to post over 1000 messages. This triggered emails for some of our users, and filled inboxes with these messages.

Our website team shut down the board as soon as this was discovered, and cleaned out the bad accounts and posts. Even after these changes, notifications were sent yesterday and this morning to all users for all new posts to the message board. While these were not spam messages, we have also disabled these notifications. Finally, we have introduced additional security measures to the board to help prevent this kind of attack in the future.

We are continuing to closely monitor the board for malicious activity, and we may be making additional improvements and changes to the system in the near future.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you, and thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our system.

Sincerely,
    The MDS Foundation

emily59
    Participant

As of 10am EST I am still getting notifications. I went into my account and changed the settings to NO. That is how it was always set.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by emily59.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert