MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Miracle…

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Miracle…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

Dad’s oncologist said it’s a miracle that he’s still alive. He’s doing so well compared to where he was even a week ago.

He still has pneumonia but it seems like it’s improving. He hasn’t had a fever in days.

He’s still really weak and requires a lot physical therapy. They said that once he is eating solid food on his own, they’ll probably transfer him to a PT facility. He really would rather stay at Roswell because he’s worried about being under the care of non-cancer doctors. I hope he expresses his concern to the doctors.

Anyway, he’s doing really well and I told him that I’m really proud of him. He’s a “superman” in my eyes smile .

Thank for the prayers. I’m so sad that Kathryn’s and Nicole’s fathers are gone. It could have been mine frown . I’ll be sure to appreciate what time we have left.

Update at 3 pm EST:
    I talked to Dad (didn’t think I’d be doing that again) and he said that they took him off all of the monitors he was on. The physical therapist says that he’s improving a little. He’s scared of his own weakness. I can’t blame him! He’s still not taking anything by mouth. But other than that, he’s doing pretty good. Never thought things would be better (although there’s obviously still a long road to go).
    Carrie

Ensnee

Carrie, I’m glad your dad is improving. I pray for things to continue this way.

many hugs,
    Esme

Kathryn

Hey Carrie!!!

Your dad is a mircale man!! How wonderful!! I have been praying that he would pull out of this. I am so glad to hear the good news!!! Carpe Diem!!

Sending you best wishes always….

Kat.

Carrie,
    that is great news…
    glad he is doing better…
    my husband is also still hanging out at hotel Roswell… his temp is down so it shouldn’t be much longer ’til he gets to come home…
    take care, di

DonUK

Good news Carrie – it’s a slow process but I’m sure he’ll get there !

Suzanne

There goes goes the cycles of those ending their fight and those getting better. Won’t it be wonderful when they understand the diseases enough to control the outcome a little more! They are learning more every day and at least we can all know we contribute to that.

Sandy L

So glad for the good news. Keep up the good work. We will continue to hope and pray for his energy to come back soon.

KATHY1

Carrie,
    Glad to hear your dad is improving. Continued prayers.

Kathy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert