MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Missing Zarxio injections for a trip

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Missing Zarxio injections for a trip

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Terry
    Participant

My husband has Zarxio injections on Monday and Thursday. We would really like to go on a cruise. Here lies the problem, the trip is from Sunday to Sunday. Our question is, has anyone ever gone on a trip and gone without their needed injections for a week. If so, what were the consequences as far as their cell count? I know it puts him at a higher risk of infections. He very much wants to go and I appreciate any feedback anyone might have on this subject. Thank you!

Jack Allen
    Participant

Hi Shiela,
    Not sre but i think the main function you are looking for is the creation of neutrophils.for neulasta. one shot is good foe amonth
    If so, ask your doctor ifneulasta would be appropriate. One shot is good for a month

Michael
    Participant

Very early in my diagnosis I was injecting neupogen three times per week at home. That was 6 yrs ago and lasted only a short time.

Best wishes.

Kenan White
    Participant

Check with your doc – I skipped a week here and there for travel with no issues until my numbers weren’t responding as well and missing a week wasn’t a good option – we need to enjoy life and a cruise sounds like a perfect escape – good luck!

Terry
    Participant

Jack, Michael, and Kenan thank you for your responses and kind wishes. Appreciate it. Kenan, you are so right, a cruise is something he really would like to do and I want to make it happen. Hopefully, we can make it work
    Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert