MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My BMT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Marsha

Hi everyone, Sorry I haven’t been on for awhile. Got my BMT on Nov 19th. Got to go home for xmas, but was back in the hosp. 5 days later. I had pain in my tummy and vomiting wouldn’t quit. Was severely dehydrated but after another week and 3 days. They found that it wasn’t GVHD as they thought but CMV virus. I am day +60 today and I see my doc every Tues. I am on a IV treatment for the CMV for 2 wks but they taught me how to hook myself up which is great cause I don’t have to go anywhere as it is very cold here. The BMT was no picnic and I was very sick for awhile, but I am so greatful that it is working and I found a good donor and got excellent treatment at the hosp. from food service to the doctors. I am walking the mall these days with my neighbor to build up my strength so that I can drive again. 3 months is a long time to be so dependent on others. I know I have to catch up on everyone here. I know that people have been thinking and praying for me and I am grateful for that. I know I am so very lucky that I got this 2nd chance as I know many here don’t have that option, but I know now after going thru it why they have an age cut off too. It was not an easy process. Take care everyone. Marsha

Carl

Marsha,

It is wonderful that your BMT has gone fairly well and that you are upbeat and starting to regain your strengtgh. Keep it up, you can beat this disease.

God Bless

Lexingtongrn

Marsha…I’m so glad to hear from you!
    We’re leaving to go to Durham,NC for a BMT. He’ll have to stay there for 4 months or so. We just can’t wait for this to be over with so we’ll know what recovery is like. Your posting is very helpful. I’m glad to hear you think it’s worth it. Take care of yourself!

April

Marsha ~ We are so happy to hear from you and that things are going well!!! We have really missed you and have been thinking about you alot. Keep up the good work..it sounds like things are going great for you!!!

God Bless!!!!

Carrie

Marsha,

I’m so glad to hear that your BMT is over and that you’re building strength again. I know it was rough but this just proves that our bodies can rebound.

I hope things keep going well for you. Welcome back. We have a lot of new people (me included).

Carrie

Davea

Marsha,

Great to hear you’re doing well. A donor has been found for me after almost 2 yrs. of searching. I am now trying to muster up the courage to go ahead with the BMT.

Lexingtongrn

Marsha…Did you take chemotherapy for a couple of weeks before the BMT? If you did, how long did the chemo last? Was radiation part of it? What is a CMV virus? I’m sorry I don’t mean to bombard you with questions. We’re all pulling for you! You sound good! Hang in there!

Jimbob

Marsh,
    So glad to hear from you! SCT is no picnic but when you need it, it is great to be able to get it. Do NOT try to push yourself too much to regain independence. Many of us who have have suffered setbacks. At the beginning it is great just to maintain what you currently have and not expose yourself to crowds, too much stress of any kind or even slightly sick people.
    Again, so glad to hear from you.
    Jim

shirlsgirl

Hi Marsha!

It’s so good to hear that you are gaining strength after your BMT! That’s wonderful news! I hope you continue to gain strength….it’ll be nice for you to be rid of that IV once and for all. It sounds like you had a rough ride….glad to hear things are getting better! Take care, Jody

gemloyear

Hi Marsha, Welcome back !It,s wonderful to have you back. One great thing about this forum is to have so many people truly concerned and praying for you.Please take care of yourself and have a good recovery. Ellie & Glen

sarah

Marsha, so great to hear from you. We have been thinking of you. Glad things are going well. You hang in there and take things one day at a time.
    Take care,
    Sarah

Neil

Hi Marsha,
    Very good news.
    Will be looking forward to more news of your progress.
    You are in our thoughts and prayers

alexandra7
    Participant

Hi Marsha !!
    I am new around here but I ‘ve read people’s posts asking about u.I was wondering if it went well for you. It’s so great to hear good news . Keep up the good work !!! FAST RECOVERY!!!
    Alexa

eve

marsha

so glad to hear you are progressing well

eve

Terri

So happy to hear from you and that things seem to be going well. Keep us posted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert