MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

my dad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    eve

my dear forum friends

the fight is over – we won many battles, but we lost the war – dad passed away this afternoon

i can’t tell you how much this forum has meant to me – you have all become members of my family – sharing experiences and knowledge helped me give my dad so many extra years – you have been a sounding board for frustrations, a place to find the answers, and just caring wonderful friends

i will continue to read your posts and help you with any information i might be able to share through my own experiences – i walked every step of this disease with my dad from day 1 and if you ever need to bounce anything off me please don’t hesitate to ask

my last piece of advice for today is – if you have just the slightest inkling that you might have some kind of infection brewing – be it because of mild cough or a raised bump on your body – make sure to address it immediately

dad had a mild cough – had several xrays – all were negative for pneumonia – his cough started to get worst – took him to the hospital – in two days the infection was completely out of control – (and he had a normal white blood count, and his hgb was 11.5)

eve

Alice S
    Participant

Dear Eve

We don’t know each other, but I share your tears! I will remember you and your Dad when I light my candles. I pray that God will give you strength at this time and for the days to come.

Alice

sarah

Eve, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. I have followed your posts for many years now.
    Your dad ‘s fight is over and he is at peace now.

Russ P.

Dear Eve, My sincere condolences. I know it’s been a long fight and how hard it is on the caregivers. May our Lord give you some comfort and peace in your sadness. Being recently dxd with AML and too old for intense chemo, I may be following your dad soon.

shirlsgirl

I’m so sorry Eve. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Please take good care,

Jody

patti

Eve,

I am sorry for the loss of your dad. May you be comforted by the Lord during this time.

patti

Naomi

Eve:
    I am sorry to hear that your father has passed away. My prayers will continue for you and the family.
    Naomi

Caroline

Eve.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. I am very sorry about the loss of your Dad.

Blessings.

Caroline

J.claire

Eve,
    I am thinking of you and your family and praying for you at this very sad time. J.Claire

Kathy G

Eve-

I am so sorry I pray your will find comfort in knowing you did everything you could for your Dad. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Kathy

KWJ

Eve – I am so sorry to hear this. I am thinking of you and your family today.

Terri

Eve, I am so saddened, my prayers go out to you. There really are no words that I can say , but I hope you will find Gods peace with the passing of time and remembering all the good times and memories of your dad.

lynette

Eve,
    Having been with my Mom every step of the way, I understand the pain that you must be feeling. No words are adequate. Please take comfort in the fact that people are praying for you and your Dad.
    Lynette

Kathryn

Eve, I am so sorry for your loss. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

I second your advice about paying attention to symptoms of infection. It can obviously make a huge difference.

With best wishes,

Kathryn

gemloyear

Eve, My sincere condolences and prayers that God will provide peace and comfort to you and your family.
    God Bless, Ellie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert