MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My Dad

Viewing 12 posts - 136 through 147 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Jack_dup1

Katie,
    I am so sorry for your loss, it was a long struggle for your Dad and the family. When it is my time, I would like to go just like your Dad, it was the best of a bad situation.
    Thank you for keeping us informed
    Jack

riley

Katie,

I am very sorry for your loss. My heart is heavy for you, and no words seem adequate. What a blessing that your father was home with his family surrounding him when he passed. You and your family will remain in my prayers. I hope the happy memories you have of your father will bring you peace.

Love,
    Nicole

estee

Dear Katie,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have been following your posts and am glad you found some comfort here. My thoughts are with you and your dad’s other loved ones. I am glad you were able to be with him.

lynette

Dear Katie,
    I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. You were truly a blessing to your Dad in his final days.
    Lynette

LuAnn

Dear Katie,
    I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ve been following your posts and could see the strength you have to help your dad through this. I agree with you that he is now at peace and my hope is that you too can find peace. My prayers are with you and your family.

choijk

Katie,
    I am so sorry. Please accept my deepest condolences. You were there for your father every step of the way and I know it was the love he felt from all those around him that kept him going.

Jimbob

Katie,
    You are an incredibly strong and wonderful person. You have been a great advocate for you father. I am sorry for your loss but you know that he is now at peace, happy and whole, and surely would want for you to remember him at his best. May God comfort you.
    Jim

Katie,

I am so sorry to hear of your dad’s passing. I’ve been following your dad’s progress from the beginning and was hoping it wouldn’t end like this. I’m so glad to hear he got home and had his family around him, I know that’s what my dad longed for in the end and was so happy we made it happen. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Kirsten

jaxem

katie
    we’ve talked about your dad for a long time here. i am so sorry about your dad. he fought a brave battle and i’m sure he’s finally at peace away from this ugly disease. I’m glad he had his family around him.

poppyshope

Katie,
    When I saw there was a post at My Dad- I felt so sorry for you, and as much as I looked for them – I knew that no news was good news. I am not too far along this road ahead of you, and I know that nothing said or unsaid makes this “better”, so I will tell you how sorry I am and how me and my children will pray for you and your dad. He is at peace and that is what allows this to be somewhat bearable. 170 days in the Hospital is a valiant fight- be proud of that kind of strength. I know I had a hard time because the last months of my dad’s life were spent in the hospital, but looking back now he wanted to stay and try everything and fight, and the conversations we had while he was there late at night just me and him are what I cherish now- just us. when it is time you will recall times like this and cherish them too…this is my hope for you,your grief and healing. Your posts here are a tribute to “your dad” and your love for him, and to you, his daughter, who fought right beside him.
    With Sympathy,
    Jen

So sorry about your loss. May the good memories bring peace to you and your family.

God Bless

Sandi1

Dear Katie,

You haven’t heard from me, but I have been reading some of the posts about your dad. And today I checked in as I do very occasionally and learned about your loss.

Yours was a story of hope and it inspired all of us I think. And in the long days and nights of watching my own dad during his struggle, all we could give him was the hope that we held in our hearts and prayers until he left us in peace.

My wish for you is peace with the knowledge that you did the best that any loving daughter could do.

In Sympathy,

Sandi

Viewing 12 posts - 136 through 147 (of 147 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert