MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My Dad

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 147 total)
  • Author

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

choijk

Katie,
    I, too, have been thinking about you throughout this weekend. I am a daughter, who tends for her father with MDS. It is a horrible journey and I am saddened to read your posts. I have a lump in my throat and it won’t go away. May God be with you and your father every step of throughout this journey. I will be keeping you close to my prayers.
    June

Katie,

I’m so sorry you and your dad are having to go through this. I was so angry and overwhelmed when my dad got progressively worse, but looking back now I’m so blessed to have been able to be there when he really needed me as he’d always been there for me. I was so hoping for better news for you, I am thinking of you and your family. Please tell your dad everything you can think of and just be with him. My thoughts are with you and I hope he gets home soon.

Kirsten

Debster01

Dear Katie-

I am so sorry you are going through this. I was exactly where you are now 1 year ago. My dad lost his MDS/AML fight last Feb. He too went home with hospice, he was so glad to not be in the hospital. You are in my prayers-our dads are very brave men who have fought very hard.

katiebear

My dad is finally home. He got home yesterday afternoon. Both my sisters and I and my dad’s lady friend met with the social worker and the hospice nurse. They seem like wonderful people. I can’t tell you how good it made me feel that he is home. I just wanted to tell everybody how much I appreciate your prayers and kind words. They really are a lifeline at this point.

ctmom

I am so glad your dad is at home and surrounded by the love of your family. I have asked family members and friends to keep you all in their prayers. We are thinking of you and continue to keep your family close in thought and prayer.

maueenh
    Participant

Katie,

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. It is wonderful that you were able to bring your father home and be together.

Maureen

poppyshope

Katie,

I am so glad you could get dad home- thinking and praying for you at this difficult time. Say everything you have to say it is definately a comfort to be able to do that…I know it was for me. Just be together now-

May God bless you and keep you in his care at this dificult time,

Jen

riley

Hi Katie,

I’m so glad to know that your father is home and you’re together. That must be bringing him a lot of peace. You fulfilled his wishes, just like you have every step of the way. This is such a sacred time. I hope you and your dad will get to say anything to each other that you might still need to and that you share as many hugs as you can. I’m thinking of you and praying for all of you.

Love,
    Nicole

I just wanted to say that you and your family are in my prayers. God Bless You.

gemloyear

Katie, Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    God Bless,Ellie

katiebear

My dad passed away yesterday morning in his own bed surronded by my sister, myself, my aunt and his lady friend. He went very peacefully with dignity exactly where he wanted to be. As hard as this is, it is also a blessing. He spent over 170 days in the hospital this past year fighting for his life. Now he is at peace and he is with my mom. It is comforting to know that they are together. Thank you to all of you. You are wonderful people. Your prayers and support meant the world to me. You are angels that have helped me through this extremely hard time. I will never forget any of you.

eve

dear katie

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time

my dad passed away one year ago and there is not one day that goes bye the he is not in my thoughts

may all the good times you had with your dad live in your heart forever

eve

SandyB

Katie,

May God Bless you and your family and bring the peace and comfort that only he can.

My beloved Mike passed away 2 months ago, and I know he like your Dad, has a special place in heaven because they fought so hard and endured so much.

I try to keep in mind that if we, the ones that are left behind, do our best to be good and giving people, we will be together again one day.

Sandy

sdrake

Katie,

I am so sorry for your loss. Know that God is near and many prayers are being said for you and your family.

Shari

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 147 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert