MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

my dad passed away from aml

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board my dad passed away from aml

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello all,
    I’ve posted on and off, but have always come to this forum for answers.
    My dad was diagnosed in Jan 06 with MDS RAEB, and we found out it had transformed into AML in March 2007. He started Chemotherapy April 2nd and breezed through the 7 days, then they did another 3 days to try and get the blasts lower, but after that he didn’t seem to be doing so well. He was sleeping a lot and we were told his kidneys were not doing very well so we were making him drink and eat constantly. Well come to find out his Liver shut down and we took him home on May 13th and he died on May 16th.

I just wanted to tell everyone he was doing so well on Vidaza and his doctor thought he could go longer in between the shots. This in turn made it so the Vidaza stopped working. He then took Decitibine and this pushed him into AML. Anyway I just wanted to tell everyone who Vidaza is working for, not to try and wheen yourself off of it as it may stop working and there is no scientific research on this yet as it is a new drug. I just hope I can help someone not to do what my dad’s doctor did.

Thank you so much for all of your help on this forum.

eve

dear california mom

i am so sorry about your loss – my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time

eve

SandyB

Mike and I are very sorry for your loss. It sounds as though your father put up a gallant fight. May God give you peace and strength during this time.

Sandy

Bkwits

Dear CAmom,
    I’m deeply sorry for the loss of your father. We all do the best we can with this disease and never know how it will turn out. My heart goes out to you and your family. Condolences and prayers.
    Barb

CarolineG

Dear California Mom,

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this very sad time.

Blessings,
    Caroline

choijk

Hi California Mom,
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time.

willie

CA Mom I am very sorry for the loss of your father. My thoughts are with you and yours. Time will help you deal with your loss. Willie

sdrake

California Mom,

Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.

Take care,
    Shari

shirlsgirl

Hi Californiamom,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad. Thinking of you and your family…

Jody

jaxem

californiamom

i am really sorry for the loss of your father. this is a terrible, terrible disease!

jfensterer

I am so very sorry about your Dad. I lost my Mom to AML on April 15th. I know with my whole heart that she is whole, healthy and happy. I do miss her so very much…..but, she always told me to have faith. I have faith that your Dad is whole, happy and healthy as well.
    God Bless, Jan

Thank you to all of you and I wish the best for everyone. This is a terrible disease and seems to take the best of the best.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert