MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My Daddy has pased away

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My Daddy has pased away

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Karen 2112

Hi,

I have not been on this site for quite some time and as a result forgot my password and had to set up a new user name the previous one was KP2112.

My Daddy passed way on August 23, 2006, my sister’s birthday.

He was doing fine up until then and had done so much to fight his MDS or at least keep it at bay. He changed his diet, went for weekly transfusions and took many vitamins.

He did also develop a diabetic ulser on his heel which was also improving.

The morning of the 23rd he was very disoriented. We called an abulance and took him to the hospital. The Dr.s found the he had a baterial infection in his body, most likely caused by his appendix. The provided him with many antibiotics but it was not enough to fight the infection.

We were all by his side for the most saddest day in my life. My Dad is the best man I will ever know. He taught me so much and even after all his time I am just internalizing (slowly) that his is not here anymore.

I love him so much it hurts to feel anything. I try to read grief material but those words on the page are a world apart from the pain in my heart.

I hope he was not scared and knew we were with him. It was so unexpected for everyone. I pray he is around me and I get the sense of that many times.

The hurt is just unexplainable in words, it is a deep saddness, a great loss.

I loved him so much as he did the whole family. I pray he is ok and looking down on all of us.

Please everyone take care (I apologize for the extended message) but honestly I could write and write about the man that made me be the person I am today and for that I am ever so greatful.

Keep love in your hearts,
    Karen

Bkwits

Karen,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know that the shock must have been devastating that he went so fast. My husband was also disoriented the last day he was home. He suffered so much, through surgeries (even with his low, low platelets), kidney dialysis, and he said “every indignently known to man.” After two months of this suffering, he was ready to go, and we we realized it was time to let him go in peace. It’s been a lonely 14 months for me, but I know it is better for him. He is at peace. May God comfort you and your family. Your dad will always be in your heart.
    Barb

Russ P.

Barb & Karen, My heartfelt prayers go out to you both. Cherish the good memories you’ve had and look forward to seeing your loved ones again someday. The New Testatment is very clear on what we have to look forward to.

Zoe

Karen,

I am so sorry. I have no doubt that having you all by his side meant the world to him.

Zoe

Debster01

I so feel your pain Karen. I buried my dad 20 years ago due to heart disease and now my wonderful stepdad is dying of bone marrow failure brought on by Vidaza. He is suffering major right now-I cannot stand it. He is such a proud man and he is being true to himself to the very end. I am keeping you in prayer to ease your grief and my own as well. Debbie

sarah

Karen, I pray the grace of God will sustain you during the days ahead.

krishananth

Karen,

After reading your post, i realized that unknowingly tears rolled down my eyes.

I know it is really so painful to see the person you love and above all Father, who support has always been there whenever your wanted it.

But then i too believe that people who are close to you do not go away after their death. They are always with you both in your mind and heart.

My deep felt condolences to you and your family.

Regards
    Sandhya

KATHY1

Karen,
    I understand the pain you are going through. My mother passed away from this dreadful disease almost 2 1/2 years ago. Sometimes it feels like a million years ago and sometimes it seems like just yesterday. I still cry from time to time. You will always miss him but it will get easier. The comfort of family and friends will help you through. My condolences.

Kathy

campbell

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. The loss is so great . you think you are prepared but really we are never prepared. This may not be the best place to post this but my husband is in the hospital with a very serious infection in his toes and foot. We have been told that he will lose the toe and probably his foot and who knows what else. Dr.said he has had a change in his blood but not sure what he means… hope to have another talk tomorrow. He has had 2 unit red and 2 more ordered…. he has PAD disease.. this is such a merry go round………I am so worried……… I am so afraid of this infection… he is in so so much pain……please pray for him.

Caroline

Karen.

I am sorry for the loss of your Dad. My prayers are with you a this time.

To all of you who are suffering losses and To you who are sick or have sick loves ones….My prayers are with you all also.

Caroline

eve

karen

there are no words to express the sadness one feels when they lose a parent that had meant so much to them throughout their life

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family – may all the fond memories help ease the pain

eve

Karen 2112

Thank you all so much for your kinds words.

Although our heart aches for all of our loved ones, have hope and strength and never give up!

I feel for you all so much, you are in my thoughts always.

And one final point, love like you have never loved in all aspects of you life.

With the kindnest of regards,
    Karen

bety

Dear Karen, I know your father will be with you always….He helped mold you and you have his genes. His spirit remains around you.
    You will continue to feel his presence and he will continue to comfort you. Yet the ache is still there.
    Recently, I have lost several loved ones, but somehow I do not feel that they are gone. It took a long time before I could function halfway normally, but I know they would want life to go on.
    I have difficulty expressing feelings of sympathy or empathy or sorrow. My thoughts are with you and yours.
    bety

shirlsgirl

Karen,

I’m very sorry to hear about your Dad. Thank you for sharing your Dad’s story..he was so loved. A very special man.

Please take good care,

Jody

Karen 2112

Jody,

Thanks for your message it brought tears to my eyes.

Karen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert