MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My heart is breaking.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My heart is breaking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    campbell

My heart is hurting so bad… my husband has been in the Hospice House for 11 days and he is very near death. The emotions I am feeling now are all over the board. John had to have one of his toes amputated and that was the beginning of all the problems………he refused to have his leg amputated and was unable to get out of his chair for weeks. He was in hospital for 14 days and had 7 uts red bl. and back again for 3 days for 5 more……….. then it was hospice because the Drs couldn’t or would not control his pain at home.

I am a mess…. I wonder if I could have done more. He was not very pro active and it made it very hard on me. His demise has been very slow
    and with hospice you really don’t know what is going on medically….he now has 104 fever .

Well I have always thought that this disease would lead to an infection. He also had PAD and
    the pain and burning in his foot was unbearable.

So now we are just waiting on the call to go back. Thank God itis only 10 min. away.

My two wonderful children and my sister have been here with me. My faith has carried me but there are times when I am overcome with grief. We have been married for 46 yrs and he had his 66 birthday at Hospice House. Please pray for me and my family.

SandyB

Campbell,

I am so sorry that another good person has to endure this.

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you, and try to get some rest for the difficult days ahead.

May God smile down on your husband, you and your family.

Mike and Sandy

patti

Campbell,

I am so sorry. I can’t imagine losing my husband – I am sorry you’re losing yours. My MIL was on hospice care for ten days before she died and those ten days were some of the most difficult of my life – but I wouldn’t change that time with her for anything. While this time will be so hard, be with him when you can. You will never regret it.

God bless you during this time.

patti

choijk

Campbell,

My heart is breaking as well as I read your post. This is a terrible disease and its even worse when the person you love so much is in pain. I will definetly be thinking about you in the days ahead and will be praying for you and your husband. I am so sorry that you have to endure this and hopefully there will be a ray of sunshine soon again. May God be with you during these difficult days ahead. And if you want to vent or release some of your pain, you can always find support on this forum.

sdrake

Campbell,

My prayers are with you, your husband, and your family.

Shari

Caroline

Hi Campbell,

I am very sorry that you all have to go through this. You did all that you could for your husband. It is natural to go back and wonder just what we could have done differently.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Blessings,
    Caroline

gemloyear

Campbell, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your husband.Having recently been through this I understand only to well how you feel.
    God bless, Ellie

Bkwits

Dear Campbell,
    I know how heartbreaking it is to wait and watch while your loved one slips away from you. My husband had PAD also. I didn’t realize that it was related to the MDS/CMML until I learned it from this forum. Joe had pain and burning in his right foot. He would have me rub Hot & Icy (an ointment) on it while he was in the hospital. I know that any little thing you can do to help him will make you feel better as well. May God bless and comfort you and your husband. Barb

Jimbob

Campbell,
    I too am sorry that your husband is experiencing such pain and difficulty. I praise the Lord that you two have been together for so long and know that you feel the pain along with him. You are more like one person and losing him will be very difficult. But approaching it with prayer and trust in God. Keep the faith that he will be whole, healthy and happy and it will help you through it now and in the future.
    We will prayer for you and your family.
    Jim

campbell

Thanks to all who have replied to my post. Believe me those words helps so much.

Two hours after my post on this board, my husband passed on April 16 at 1:30 am.

Someone said we were connected and she is right. Three years ago today, Aoril 16th, I recieved a Kidney Transplant……….The date
    of his passing was the date of my rebirth…
    I have always wondered why God has given me a second chance in life and I know that it was in part to take care of him.

This has been difficult, but my faith in God has carried me and I can be sure that he will carry me on no matter what.

I must share this……….. at the beginning of his final days I could hear music in my ears, How Great Thou Are, Silent Night and many more. I believe it is the Holy Spirit. Thanks again and I will return later.

choijk

Campbell,
    Your husband fought a good battle. He is now in heaven with the Lord but his spirit will always be with you. I will be thinking and praying fr you and your family during this difficult time. But praise God. He reveals himself in mysterious ways especially to those at the times of need.

Terri

Campbell, My thoughts and prayers are with you, May Gods Peace be with you always

eve

campbell

my thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult time

eve

KWJ

Campbell – I too am so sorry you have to go through this. It is so hard. My parents were married 42 years and i just can’t imagine how that feels to then be alone.

My thoughts are with you and your family tonight.

willie

Campbell My thoughts are with you and your family. You will be surprised who will pop up to help you. Willie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert