MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My heart is breaking.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My heart is breaking.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Teresa

Campbell

May the Lord grant you peace. I can’t imagine the pain that you are experiencing. You and your family will be in my prayers

Teresa

riley

Campbell,

I’m very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Before and soon after my father passed away, my mother experienced the same thing that you did with hearing music that was meaningful to her. God is so good to send His comfort to each of you in that way.

Nicole

Caroline

Campbell,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your precious husband. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Engel

Dear Campbell,
    My prayers are with you and your family. My husband died on Oct. 7,2006, so I know what you are feeling, the pain never goes away. God is so good and your husband and mine are no longer suffering, they are at peace and waiting for us. I am finaly having a celebration of life for my husband this Sunday with about 90 friends and family, this was his wish and it took me this long to be able to do this. Keep strong. Gloria

Alice S
    Participant

Dear Campbell,
    I think God let you know very clearly where your husband will be, safe and sound in his loving embrace.
    Be strong for him and know in your heart you will meet again someday.
    Alice

Russ P.

Campbell, My sincere condolences for you in the loss of your husband. It is such a terrible disease and so hard on the caregiver. May the Lord who loves us and holds a place for us in His Kingdom, comfort and keep you through this time.

campbell

Hello and Thanks to all who replied to my post. This board has been such a support to me and a way to educate myself about MDS. We had the Memorial Service on Thur/ 19 Apr. and it was such a great celebration of his life and also a time to prepare us for the spiritual meaning of death….. today is my first day alone and YES I do need that. I am still tired and know that I will have many bad moments, days etc. but I know my faith will get me through. I will continue to read this board and give any help that I can. God Bless YOU ALL.

Dear Campbell,
    Thankyou for sharing the music in your ears for I know that is the Spirit. There’s a song they play on FISH 95.9 (it’s a Christian station here in So. Cal but it’s also on the web) that says, “Don’t cry for me. I’m finally free to dance with the angels on streets made of gold. To listen to stories of saints new and old. To worship our Maker …” It’s a beautiful song but I swear the first 8 times I heard it I was always with my mom on the way to the doctor. I pray the spirit keeps singing to you.

jfensterer

Campbell,

My Mom passed away at 10:28pm, on April 15th. She was diagnosed 2 years ago with MDS, tried Revlimid, got transfused, lost weight, got so very bruised & most of all….was & is my hero.
    She passed away very peacefully after her kidneys failed….and honestly….she passed away beautifully. We buried her on her 77th birthday & sent up 77 white balloons with white ribbons and notes.
    I feel her in my heart and I know she is whole, healthy and happy. I am an only child & I miss this woman badly…..but, not bad enough to have her suffer anymore……God, I miss her…..
    When she passed, I held her hand, my other hand was on her heart & my husband held her other hand…..the dogs were all around her……
    I know in my heart of hearts, they are happy, well and whole-
    My prayers to you-Jan

gemloyear

Campbell, My sincere sympathy in the loss of your husband. I’m sorry that I didn’t respond sooner but my computer has been down for a month. My son brought his to my home today so was able to read some of my old messages and the forum. I don’t expect to have mine back for another 2 weeks. My husband has been gone for 6 months now, and it is still difficult to cope without him, it’s not easy.It is comforting to know that he is at peace and is no longer suffering.
    God Bless, Ellie

campbell

Hello Everyone…… I am back to reading the board but it is so hard. Life is going on and as you probably know there are so many things to take care of, but I will get there. I went back to work but certainly not too hard… Would you believe I need Gallbladder surgery. This will be my 4th surgery in 3 yrs………..I am still hearing the music….. the Holy Spirit is really working with me. Thanks to all who listen and to all of you still on this MDS journey take care of yourself and I pray a cure will be coming soon.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert