MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My Homestretch Legacy

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My Homestretch Legacy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kathy Stermer
    Participant

As I enter the end time in my battle against MDS my family and friends have created a foundation in my name called Kathy’s Kids (walkwithkathy.com) to benefit a local children’s hospice and respite facility called Crescent Cove. I have conveyed to my children that “all we can hope for is to leave this world and hopefully give our life meaning by having some positive impact while here”. If you feel so inclined to check it out, my story is there and my hope for dignity and compassion at end of life will carry forward to others. Wishing you all a meaningful journey too!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Kathy, It saddens us all to hear about this difficult time in your life. It’s also very admirable of you to be thinking of supporting others during this most challenging time. Hopefully, another treatment, and eventually a cure, will result from our efforts. Most sincerely, The MDS Foundation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert