MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Need prayers please

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Need prayers please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    doreen

I was diagnosed with MDS a year ago right before Easter. I never was told what kind only that they would give me a year or 2. Its a year later and my platelets have now dropped to an almost critical stage. I have decided to go to the University of Minnesota to do a cord blood transplant. I am guessing it will happen soon. I am by myself and have a son in college. This has become my worse fear. I am trying to be strong and need prayers. This website has become my life. I dont post much but read it sometimes 10 times a day. I know all of you like family. I pray for all of you and know I need your prayers. Thank you.

shirlsgirl

Dear Doreen,

Prayers and warm thoughts are being sent your way.
    Are you being treated for the low platelets? How are your other counts? Please let us know when a date has been set for the cord blood transplant.We’re all pulling for you.

Take care, Jody

sarah

Doreen, prayers are being said for you. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated when you know more. How low have your platelets gotten? Hang in there and take things one day at a time. We are all here pulling for you.
    God Bless,
    Sarah

eve

you have our prayers

eve

Suzanne

Doreen. We will all be wishing you the very best.Since the cord blood transplant is I believe relatively new for MDS patients you are inthe forefront. Hope all goes well.

Kathy G

Prayers for you – please keep us posted on the this procedure – it looks very promising!! Are you associated with Mayo by chance?

Hang in there and be strong!

Kathy

geebeebee

Doreen, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there — there is much hope that comes with the transplantation process.

Take care,

Greg

Marsha

Doreen,

You are not alone, God has his arms wide open for you to rest and heal. Good luck with the transplant and all your friends here will help you thru it also. My prayers are with you.

April

Doreen ~ My prayers are with you. Just trust in the Lord and he will pull you thru all of this. We are always here for you…

Terri

Prayers are coming, wish you the best

PamyRn

Hey Doreen
    It so hard to finally make a decision. The fear of the unknown is the worse. Take one day at a time. I will keep you in my prayers. You will have alot of tests coming up to get you ready for transplant. A bone marrow biopsy will be the most definitive one to show the progression of MDS. How low is your platelets. I know they dont like to transfuse unless your are 10,000 or unless you have some bleeding going on. ARe the rest of your counts good. Who do you have for support after? Will your son be home from college spring and summer? So many questions…hope you dont mind. TAke care and keep us posted.
    Your friend Pam

Cherbear

Doreen,
    Hang in there – I’m sending hugs and prayers your way!
    Cheryl

al’s wife
    Participant

Doreen-You’ll be in our prayer chain tonight. Here’s a prayer a good friend of mine gave me and it helps me in any situation:

A Prayer for Today
    Whatever happens today, Lord, help me to remember your presence. If I find myself in the shadows of disappointment or rejection or pain, let me see your comforting light. If I am in the radiant light of success or acceptance or wholeness, may I acknowledge your providence and grace. Wherever I am, Lord, grant me the assurance of your nearness. Amen.

doreen

Thank you all for thinking of me. I will have an appt with the Univerity of Minnesota shortly to get a complete physical, bmb and anything else they have to give you before a transplant is done. Once that is all good, we will schedule the transplant if all goes well. I have not had to have any transfusions as of yet or any medicines. I feel very fortunate. I do live in Rochester, home of the Mayo Clinic but they do not offer cord blood and donor that they did find was an 8/10 match. It was a difficult choice what to do but I am hoping because of the match the cord blood will be a better option for me. Thank you all again for your special prayers. All of you are heros in my book, I want you to know.

mommachkate

Doreen, My thought and prayers are with you. Wishing you a very sucsessful treatment, please keep us informed .Kate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert