MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Neil

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    campbell

Has anyone heard from Neil????

J.claire

I have missed him too. I wonder if maybe he went somewhere for the holidays where they don’t have internet. Hope he comes back soon.

Lydia

I’ve noticed too that we haven’t heard from him and have missed him also and all his great info and comments. It’s not the same without him! Hopefully he is away for holidays as suggested and is doing fine.

Alice S
    Participant

Hi

Neil posted on January 5 and 6 to ButchL about Ashley. (It’s happening again…)

Regards
    Alice

Neil

Hi All,
    Been in bed the last 11-12 days with a never-ending sinus infection and fluid in the lungs. Started on an antibotic and inhaler yesterday—plus lots of chicken noodle soup.
    Will be a few more days till I’m “normal”.
    Thanks for the concern

eve

hi neil

feel better real soon

eve

campbell

Hello Neil, so glad to hear from you…I am new to the bd and have enjoyed your posts…. sorry you are under the weather….. take care of yourself…. we miss you. Campbell

sarah

Hi Neil, hope you are feeling normal very soon. Miss seeing your posts.Take care.

shirlsgirl

Hi Neil,

I’m sorry you’ve been so sick. I hope you are feeling better!

Take good care,

Jody

Neil

Hi All,
    This sinus infection/fluid on the lungs is getting better very slowly. But the impact on my counts is more than strange.
    Normal platelet level for me is about 10,000. On 1/18/07 they were at 92,000.
    Normal WBC is around 1.0. On 1/18/07 WBC was 2.5. Easy to explain with the infection. Mostly in the neuts. They went from 1.1 to 2.2.
    HGB norm is around 11.7-11.9 and they went to 9.9.
    Had an Aranesp shot 1/18 and will be curious to see my numbers on 2/8.
    Almost looked like they got my sample mixed up with someone else.
    Have 2 more antibiotic pills to take. If I don’t feel much better at the end of the week, will set up an appointment with my internist. O yes my glucose has gone thru the roof with very low food intake, particularly carbs.
    If any of you see any signs of anything similar, get to your doc quickly. Don’t wait around.

fotis
    Participant

Hope you feel better and overcome the sickness as soon as possible!

Jimbob

Neil,
    Strange things happened to my counts, too, when I went through resporitory infections between this last Thanksgiving to Christmas. The antibiotics also messed up my digestive system. Once things got better, I added high level of pribiotics to fix that. Hope you continue to improve. Not to put stress on you, but many need you posts.
    Jim

Russ P.

Neil, Hang in there. This forum needs your expertise.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert