MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

New and Scared

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board New and Scared

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Julie Wheeler
    Participant

I have had three BMB over the years. I never felt anything until the marrow was being drawn out. It felt like a shooting pain of sciatica. It was quick and over with. I’ve actually had sciatica that was much worse. Where I live now they completely sedate people.

Brian Kelley
    Participant

Can someone help me with these numbers?

ABNORMAL MALE KARYOTYPE

46,XY, add(5)(q13)(2)/44-47,idem,-7,-9,add(15)(q22),-16,add(17)(p 11.2),+21,+1-2mar[cp16]/46,XY[2]

Cytogenetic analysis shows abnormal male karyotype. Two cells show additional unidentified material on 5q, resulting in deletion of 5q, and a composite of sixteen cells show this change as well as loss (monosomy) of chromosomes 7, 9 and 16, additional unidentified material on 15q and 17p, resulting in deletions of 15q and 17p (TP53), a gain (trisomy) of chromosome 21 and one to two unidentified marker chromosomes, indicating clonal evolution. Two cells show a normal karyotype.

Laraine Beck
    Participant

Had a bone marrow biopsy on 6/1. I was scared too. The procedure itself was a piece of cake. It was done with lidocaine and I felt almost nothing. There is a split second during the procedure where a pain shoots down your leg but it wasn’t bad. For me, after the lidocaine wore off, I had a bit of pain but nothing I needed to take meds for. Best of luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert