MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

New web site for bmt journals

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board New web site for bmt journals

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tamir

Hi Everyone:

My name is Tamir, and I had a (‘mini’/non-myeloablative) matched sibling BMT in July of ’04 for PNH (Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria), which is related in some ways to MDS.

I recorded a daily journal of my BMT, and found it therapeutic, helpful to others, and an easy way of ensuring that my family and friends are up to date with how I’m doing without having to talk to 30 people every day, repeating the same story over and over.

I recently decided to create a web site that makes it easy for people to find BMT journals of different people (and different types of BMTs, different diseases, etc.). The site also allows patients or their families to record new journals (this functionality will be available shortly). If you are having a BMT and would like to read journals from others who have gone through this procedure, please visit BMTJournals.org . Also, if you would like a place to record a journal for your BMT, this is one option (along with sites like caringbridge.org, etc.).

Finally, if you know of any other journals that BMT patients have posted in the past, please email me at torbach1@hotmail.com, and I will then add a link to that journal.

Thanks, and all the best
    Tamir

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert