MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Numbness in feet and lower legs

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Numbness in feet and lower legs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jack_dup1

There always seem to be a new hurdle. For the last 2 week I have had very numb feet, a lot of tingling, sometime numb, other times like little needles sticking in them or worms in them, it sometimes feels like my socks are wet when their not. It travels to the lower legs which seem weak rubbery. Has anyone had this experience other than neuropathy.
    Jack

Jimbob

Jack,
    I have had a minor version for over 14 years, since returning from Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm. Since my SCT, though, it had gotten much worse. they tell me that the full body irradiation can cause periphial neuropathy and greatly inrease existing p n. Also chemo and other meds given for post SCT can be a cause.
    This is one of the major reasons that I have to stay on pain-killers. I have gotten some relief through: acupuncture, osteopathic manipulation, injection from my D.O. of a combination of provacain (sp?), a steroid, and glucose into nerve insertion points, parafin wax soaks, and physical therapy. The pain has greatly reduced but I still feel like my feet are encased or being squeezed. It is more uncomfortable now than it was before SCT but knowing I am CMML-free makes it bearable.
    Good luck and prayers for your quick improvement.
    Jim

Terri

Your Symptons also Sound like symptoms of Back disc problems. When my husband Herniated his disc years ago it was pressing on the nerves and all those symptoms sounded just like his the tingling like your foot is asleep, Going down the leg etc. He was operated on in the 80’s still has back problems and has to be careful but no more tingling.

JulieMarie

Hmmm, when I had this back in 2003 for an eye problem it was cause my potasium was low, try eating an extra banana, or consult with your dr. on your next cbc to check your potasium. I had the numness and tinglings in my feet, legs and hands. Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert