MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

On Revlimid starting my 13th year.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board On Revlimid starting my 13th year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PATRICK CAMMARANO
    Participant

Bridgette– I am 81 and have just started my 13th year on Revlimid. In 2004 I was diagnosis with MDS and in 2005 things got very bad. I was getting 2 units of blood every two weeks. My life was turned up side down.
    Revlimid was approved for Mds patients in Dec. of 2005. So it was a new drug for MDS patients. I was put on Revlimid in 2006.
    1. — IT took 4 months before it started to work.Why is this important? If the doctor took me off it before the 4 months the results would have alter my life in a bad way. Revlimid has been a wonder drug. I have had a normal life. At 81 I go to the gym 3 days a week and have been on 26 cruises.
    I’ve had a CBC and a comprehensive metabolic panel every month for 12 years it is a requirement for being on Revlimid. I know more about my blood then the average person.
    2.– Revlimid is not a chemo drug. It is listed as a chemo drug for reimbursement reasons.
    3.– A doctor who worked with Revlimid told me it will work as long as the BLASTS are under 5. My BLASTS are 2.
    What are your BLASTS?
    4. — My Jan. 2019 CBC numbers—- auto WBC 4.4 —- Hemoglobin 13.4 —– Platelet count 158,000
    5.– I have had 3BMB 2004 — 2007 and my last one was in 2012.
    6. My problem is in the # 20 chromosome and yours is in the #5.

Note: Bridgette :Most people get lost in thinking they will come down with AML. 70% of us will not. At one of the MDS forums I met a gentlemen and his wife who has been living with MDS for 17 years. He had 350 blood units over the 17 years. I did not talk to him about iron over load because I new the answer.

Bridgette if you e-mail me @ murudy1@gmail I will give you my phone number. We can talk if you wish?
    I did not cover ; doctors, cost of drug and any question that you might have.

Bridgette Perkins
    Participant

Thank u so much! God is so good I am so happy for you could you call me tomorrow my phone number is 314 532-6157 my name is Bridget Perkins thank you so so much! I will email you as well

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert