MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Pain Management

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Pain Management

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tricia
    Participant

My Dad just started therapy for his MDS. 3rd round of Vidaza (5 days of injections) start again today. (After this week, 3 more treatments to go – every 4th week he returns)

My dad has been fortunate up until this point….in the sense that how side effects have been minimal (no diarrhea, vomiting etc) BUT he is struggling with overall joint/bone PAIN. He has a hard time describing where it hurts exactly – but basically he just says he hurts all over.

I keep asking him to ask his doctor what he can take or what he can do to help relieve pain ….. physical therapist (heat pads, cold therapy, pain meds?, acupressure?, massages?) does anyone have any recommendations so I can ensure my dad asks his Oncologist? Thank you so much …. and I send my prayers and healing thoughts to every individual and family having to endure this disease. Lovingly –

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Tricia.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Tricia.
    Juan Valero
    Participant

Please research IP6 wth INOSITOL…made a huge difference in my life…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert