MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Patients and caregivers: Survey participation request

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Patients and caregivers: Survey participation request

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ashley Moncrief

Do you suffer from, or care for someone fighting Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)?

The MDS Foundation is assisting in the recruitment of people with MDS and caregivers of people with MDS for an online survey. Cerner Enviza, an independent, third-party research organization, is conducting the online survey on behalf of the study sponsor, a pharmaceutical company, and we kindly are asking for your help.

The primary objective of this study is to learn more about the experiences of people with MDS.

In order to qualify, participants must meet the following criteria:

• Diagnosis of Low Risk MDS
    • Received at least 2 red blood cell (RBC) transfusion events in the past 4 months
    • Age 18 or older
    • Caregiver participants:
    • Must be a primary or co-primary caregiver

If you have any questions about this survey, please contact MDS_PreferenceStudy@cernerenviza.com

Jackie Seavey
    Participant

I am my mother’s caregiver and she has MDS and multiple myeloma and was just diagnosed last week after Bone marrow biopsy. We are still awaiting a PET scan to see what level she is. She is 87 and her health was good until 15 months ago when she started her slow descent. After many misdiagnoses, we’ve finally gotten an answer to all of the ailments she has been suffering. Once I know where she falls on the scale, we could participate in the survey.

Ashley Moncrief

Thank you so much Jackie! If you haven’t already, you can fill out the material request form on our website. We can send you educational materials on MDS free of charge. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Ashley

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert