MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Possible new leukemia treatment

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Possible new leukemia treatment

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jack_dup1

Very interesting article.

http://www.physorg.com/news96550822.html

Jack

Jack_dup1

Here is the teaser for the article

Antioxidant found in many foods and red wine is potent and selective killer of leukemia cells
    A naturally occurring compound found in many fruits and vegetables as well as red wine, selectively kills leukemia cells in culture while showing no discernible toxicity against healthy cells, according to a study by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. These findings, which were published online March 20 in the Journal of Biological Chemistry and will be in press on May 4, offer hope for a more selective, less toxic therapy for leukemia.
    Jack

jaxem

jack

sounds good to me! maybe mds patients should stay soused on red wine.

SandyB

Jack:

Thanks so much for telling us about this. I have been having Mike drink lots of grape juice and drinking green tea. Looks like we are on the right track.

brian mullan

Hi Jack,another ray of hope and I will follow developments.The forum I find very helpful.The information on copper deficiency would have been great for anybody with the problem;unfortunately it didn’t apply to me.Keep the information flowing.

Regards Brian

Jack_dup1

I don’t know about the iron deficiency, this article was about lab testing to find a treatment using the enzymes to destroy leukemia cell withoug damaging health cell. There is a lot of research yet to be done, it does look promising. You have to read the whold article
    Jack

chuckk333

Jack,

How do you find these articles. It must take a lot of skill in negotiating the searches. Thanks so much for sharing these with us.

Chuck

Jack_dup1

Chuck,
    My Daughter in Law found it written in Polish, they live in Warsaw, my son looked up the English version. This really looks promising, Imagine a Chemo that only kills leukemia cells.
    Jack

chuckk333

Jack, Wow…found it in Polish. Who’d have thought it could be found. Nice to have people with those search skills working on your behalf.

Chuck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert