MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Posting problems?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Posting problems?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jimbob

Every now and then I have problems posting in the forum. I can still read what others have posted but I cannot log in to allow me to post. This has happened off and on over a long period of time but recently had me locked out on my normal computer with posting ability available only on a desktop computer that I have harder access to. The webmaster at the forum was helpful in getting me back on here but it took a while. Anyone else been having these problems?
    Jim

Jerry

Jim,

Not I yet … which is a real shame for all of you who have to read my jibberish. Have a great weekend.

Jerry

Neil

Yep,
    Have had occassional difficulty logging on.
    Have an HP Internet keyboard with preset buttons for normal access. If the button does not work I go to Internet Explorer — Favorites and usually get on. IE opens to MSN. If I get locked out of MSN I go to Google and type in the foundation address.
    There may be some other routes, but these usually work.

Sandy M

This is soooooo familiar, and soooooo frustrating, isn’t it ? I couldn’t log on to this site for a few months or so after my fiance had passed away, nothing I did wrong and tried all sorts of ways to get back, the web master tried to help me, but they couldn’t get me back in either, then all of a sudden one day, when I was messin around I tried to log in again, and *** POOF *** here I’am… smile I could always read the forum, but not log-in …so glad I made it back though, smile

shirlsgirl

Hi,

I had difficulty on the site last night. When responding to a post I received an error and was not able to get into forum until this morning. Has anyone experienced this?

Jody

Jerry

Jody,

Yes, last night after I returned from 8 days in Las Vegas. I thought it was my inactivity. Now, it seems fine.

Jerry

gemloyear

Hi all, Yes I had trouble last night also.When I tried to get on there was a message that there was a fatal error, ” the exact error returned by the operating system is: no space left on the device, “the disk”. Please notify the administrator to notify the hosting provider.I sent the administrator an E mail, I was able to log on in about 2 hrs. later. I’ve had it happen before, but never been requested to notify the adm. Good posting, I feel lost with out the forum.
    Ellie

Ensnee

I got the same “fatal error” message. Also, lately, if I use the quick reply box my message
    disappears into the ether.

Esme

gemloyear

Esme, I just had it happen to me on another attempted post. I havn’t posted much lately but do try to keep up with you all.By the way Esme you and Hans are always in my prayers, I read your posts often. I havn’t had experience with any chemo as yet so don’t feel qualified to comment in that regard.It’s a beautiful frosty sunshiney day here in Minnesota. Amazing how uplifting the sun is, and how the mood changes. Have a good day everyone!
    Ellie

karenkay

same prolem here last night. I saved my intended post and will repost this morning. Glad everything seems fine today smile
    karenk

Caroline

I had the same error message last night and again thismorning. My husband is a programmer so I was just about to ask him to come upstairs from the office to tell me what I should do, and POOF it began working. Now it works fine. I got a bit nervous there. That disconnected feeling was a bit worrisome.

Caroline

Sandy L

I know just what you mean. Last night when I tried to go on before going to bed as usual I could not get on. I was so disappointed. But today all is well again.

sugarwhale

Dear friends,
    Yes, me too! I get the fatal error and cannot access this forum. I don’t think it’s our computers though.
    ~~~ Janet

Caroline

When I got the error message it said something about the disk being too full. I got that “all alone” feeling again at the thought of not having anyone to share questions and concerns with. Good thing it came back up again.

Caroline

Hi, this is the MDS Forum Administrator. Sorry for the problems that you guys are experiencing with the forums. As to the email system not working awhile back, the webhosting server changed their system setup without notifying anybody and that messed up the email system until I could play phone-tag with their IT person.

As to the messages about being “full or disk out of space”, please send me an notice with your regular email account (yahoo, outlook, hotmail…). I usually just have to “re-shuffle” the forum “cache” (temporary memory usage) and that seems to fix it. Again, sorry, it needs to be done every couple of months and I tend to forget sometimes until I get those “IT’S NOT WORKING” notices smile

Also, since I’m a 9-5er and if there is a problem accessing the boards over the weekends you can send me a notice but I won’t be able to resolve the issue until Monday.

Thanks for your patients.
    MDS Webmaster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert