MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

reg: Medicare supplement insurance which covered by treatment

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board reg: Medicare supplement insurance which covered by treatment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kerrylai

Before my dad found out he has CLL, now turn to MDS. My dad hardly used Medicare. We did applied for him and also buy second insurance which is Blue Cross class F.

I heared from some said Medicare has max amount you can used, once you used it all, then, you have to wait for certain period. During the time, you need to paid the medicine bill by your own. Or the
    supplement insurance maybe pay part of them.

We used to go to UCSF which is state hospital and it charged more standard and our medicare and Blue Cross class F paid them all. Now, I am thinking to tranfer my dad to Standford which is private one. I believed it charge much more. If there is a limited, we might used the rest of amount very fast. Does anyone know this ?? thank you

kerry

Suzanne

The information is all on line and in a book on medicare you can order. I believe the limit you have heard about is on time in the hospital for one incident -within a 90 day time period. I do not believe there is a limit to total benefits. Others that are using that plan can probably tell you more. Also I believe most institutions that take medicare patients agree to the fee structure enough so that medicare along with the suppliment will cover most of the costs except for whatever deductables or copays are written into your supplimental.the patients I knoew on medicare and a suppliment had few expenses except for prescription drugs. The terms of your suppliment are the key.

lindajo

Each hospital has a department of social services that is trained to help patients with all of the insurance rules for that state. Their billing department can also be very useful. They are your best resource.

If you look in the yellow pages your state insurance department probably has a toll-free number and a website that would provide free information for you. Most departments also have free booklets that answer the most frequently asked questions. Use them to explain anything you don’t understand from the hospital. Good Luck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert