MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Reintroducing myself

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Reintroducing myself

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SimonChai

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to reintroduce myself and wish everyone a happy holiday. I haven’t participated in this list for quite a while.

I had a double-cord blood transplant in April 06 at Fred Hutchinson for a bad-prognosis case of secondary MDS. I engrafted 100 percent, and there was no sign of the disease this summer at my last bone marrow biopsy. Since then, I’ve been dealing with some fairly bad graph-versus-host disease but I am fortunately able to still work part-time and feel fine a decent part of of most weeks.

Happy to answer questions anyone has about my transplant and experience although I’m not 1/10 as knowledgeable as many of you about MDS!

Wishing you all well!

gemloyear

Hi Ms.Simon,
    I do remember you and am so happy to hear your good news. It’s great to know that someone has had sucess with their transplant. It will be encouragement for those considering that procedure.Please keep in touch,and best wishes for continued good health.
    Ellie

sarah

Hi,
    What wonderful news. So happy to hear of your success. God Bless

willie

Simon Hang in there with the GvHD. A tiny bit of it might be OK keeping everything else in check. Great to see that you can work some of the time! Willie

LorettaV

Hi Simon, I remember you from the BMT Chat Room. Glad to hear you are doing well (relatively speaking.) Congrats on doing a double cord transplant. May I ask your age?
    Loretta (aka. Letty)

SimonChai

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back!!
    Loretta, you asked how old I am–54.

Best,
    Simon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert