MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Revlimid

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mary
    Participant

Husband 67 y.o. has been on Vidaza for almost a year bone marrow biopsy just came back 7% blasts. Oncologist prescribing low dose Revlimid can anyone advise me on this medication? Does it work, side effects?

PATRICK CAMMARANO
    Participant

Mary– I have been on Revlimid for 13 years. I was put on it in 2006.
    E mail me at murudy1@gmail.com and I will give you my home phone and you can call me or give me your number and I’ll call you.

Patricia Walton
    Participant

I am 78 years old and have MDS(5qdel) for 6 years. Previously was on Eprex injections for almost five years but gradually it stopped working for me. I have been on Revlimid for 11 months. Took a couple of months of stopping and starting to get the right dose for me. I Could only tolerate lowest dose of 5 mg every other day since Movember 2018. initially on 10 mg daily but had a very bad rash so dosage had to be lowered. It did an excellent job of raising my red cell count. I still had rash but very mild controlled by taking antihistamine Claritin every day.
    Just had to stop it though because Platelets suddenly dropped significantly and still at 23. Because I am now off it my hemoglobin has dropped to 105. Watching it and Waiting for results of bone marrow biopsy and chromosome testing to see how to proceed. Currently all meds on hold. Revlimid, being a pill is easy to take and did wonders for my hemoglobin. Initially when starting it, all three counts dropped significantly but they did come back up and hemo Went from below 85 to 153 and it stsyed up there. No transfusions needed since August 20 almost a year ago. Before Revlimid I had been having transfusions about every five weeks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert