MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Scheduling Third Cycle of Azacitidine

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Scheduling Third Cycle of Azacitidine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Siobhan Scully
    Participant

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has experienced a situation where a cycle was delayed do to rescheduling over the holiday period and if so where there any issues as a result? Normally the cycles run 28 days apart but the proposed scheduling is running the third cycle 36 days after the second cycle. Just worried the efficacy of the treatment might be affected. Thank you!
    Siobhan

Amy S.
    Participant

In my case, there had been several cycles when the doctor delayed the treatment for 1 or 2 weeks because I had to travel. That happened after my numbers ( blood counts etc.) were stabilized. Also at the first several cycles, my blood counts went way down due to side effects of the drugs and they delayed the cycle until my blood counts went back up a little. For me, there was no drug or health issue. Nest to ask the doctor about this.

Siobhan Scully
    Participant

Thank you Amy! That is reassuring to know.

Owen Maguire
    Participant

I will be on my 64 th cycle over the holiday season. My schedule is Dec 29,30,31 Jan 4,5,6,7.. Also I get my needles at a satellite Cancer Centre 50 miles from the Tom Baker Cancer Hospital in Calgary and the centre is closed on the weekend. I pick up these 2 days on the Mon and Tue. Have had no promblems or ill effects

Siobhan Scully
    Participant

Thank you Owen! My husband’s next treatment dates are exactly the same as yours.
    Wishing everyone a very Happy Holiday Season.

lawrence
    Participant

#GuoWengui #Bannon Des investisseurs auraient du croire que leur vie serait meilleure après retirer de l’argent, mais juste au lendemain du jour de son entrée en Bourse, le 2 novembre, des membres sont totalement déçus, comme dans la bise cinglante en plein hiver.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert