MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Seeking advice for my father with MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Seeking advice for my father with MDS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Raghda Vanderpump
    Participant

Hi all,

I hope this email finds you well. I have a question please if you can help me. My father who has been diagnosed with MDS since May 2017, has been suffering from an occasional fever without any apparent reason. He is a blood transfusion dependent as he requires blood every 2 weeks and recently almost every 11 days. We have taken him to several doctors who have looked into everything in his body without being able to understand the cause of this fever. His body temp reaches 40 degree Celsius and he starts shivering. Also he has been struggling to eat and always complain that he can’t see or smell food. I am wondering if anyone you might know of is experiencing the same symptoms and what was the prognosis associated with fever for MDS patients? His platelet count is dropping quite dramatically as well.

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply.

Raghda.

Belain Asamere
    Participant

Hello Raghada,
    where are you located? Where is your dad getting treatment? My father also experienced the salething I think chemmo could be the reason for loss of apetite abd the fever and chills is the MDS.
    I will pray for your father feel free to email me if you need to talk blain_3@yahoo.com

-BAsamere

Airin Kenari
    Participant

Hai Raghda
    My father also diagnose with MDS last year, so i want to share this with you. MDS patient have very low body resistance because of low white blood cells, therefore they are susceptible to disease, this may cause infection and fever.
    Be patience Raghda, I will pray for your father…
    Airin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert