MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Signs of end stage MDS

Home forums Patient Message Board Signs of end stage MDS

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Arington 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Pat Stroup
    Participant

Are there any signs of end stage MDS?

Wendy Brizer-Maciol
    Participant

Loss of appetite, tiredness, more frequent transfusions, wanting to sleep a lot. My dear dad passed away in May and those were so.e of some of the symptoms he experienced the last two months.

Rose Palazzolo
    Participant

Pat,
    My husband was diagnosed in June with MDs, high risk. Was given 6 months to 1 year. We go weekly for blood work WBC 2.7, RBC 2.17, HGB 7.4, HCT 7.4, Platelets 16. He sleeps 15 – 20 hours a day. He still eats, not as much as he use to, mainly eggs. The only time he goes out is to go for the blood work. I was told that he will start weekly platelet transfusions now and blood transfusions as the HGB goes below 7. He has had several transfusions already. I want to know what happens at end as well. I’ve searched everywhere online and haven’t been able to find anything. I’ve even asked the doctor and basically no real answer. Seems once a love one dies the caregiver leaves the group and we are left unknowing. I’ll keep checking back here to see if you get any more information. Good luck.
    Rose

Teresa
    Participant

Hi Rose, can you please PM me @ marites.relatos@gmail.com. Thank you.

John Arington
    Participant

Greetings, I am new to all of this. My grandma was diagnosed one year ago and last week, a doctor told her that she only had months left. She has not been needing blood as often, but I understand that the doctor knows more than me. Now, one week later, a nurse told her that she only has days left. Then, they gave her a unit of blood and sent her home. Nothing has changed. She still cleans her house every day and takes care of 5 special needs ladies that live with her. She does have appetite loss, but she’s had that for a while. Does this sound like end stages? I don’t know enough to make a decision, myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert