MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

some good news….yeah!

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board some good news….yeah!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    shirlsgirl

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a little good news. My mom’s platelet count as of yesterday is now 220 000! An actual normal level! It’s been a long time….was so happy I just had to share it with all of you. I guess the cyclosporin is starting to kick in!

Jody smile

April

That is wonderful Jody!!! Your mom must be relieved and happy!!! Sounds like the meds are working..good for her!

Carrie

Yay for your mom!!!!!! cool

Jack_dup1

Jody,
    Glad to hear her platelets are up, that’s a great count. How are her wbc’s and rbc’s?
    It’s nice to hear good news.
    Jack

Donna

Awesome news Jody!
    You all must be very happy.

Donna

Suzanne

fantastic! Hope goood things are ahead!

shirlsgirl

Thanks everyone! smile

Hi Jack, thanks for asking. Her wbc’s are 13.9 ( have been between 12 and 19 for the past couple of months)and I’m not sure about her rbc’s but her hgb is 141. How are you doing? I noticed that you are not treating, are you a candidate for SCT? I remember from an earlier post that you were going to do a clinical trial next month…was it Gleevac?

take care, Jody

geebeebee

Great news, Jody. I hope it keeps coming…

Greg

Andrea

Thats great, Jody. What is the difference between early CMML and CMML itself? My mom was diagnosed in December with CMML. Had her first month of Vidaza, her counts are now pretty good, but I don’t have numbers, Yet. I’m going to call the doc, tomorrow

Best to you and your mom,

Andrea

mommachkate

Hi Jody, Wonderfull news, so happy for your Mom and you.Best of luck with the rest of her treatment. Kate

shirlsgirl

Hi Andrea,

I should probably update her dx to CMML. When she was first diagnosed her monocytes were not yet above 1 x10 9 and her wbc’s were normal. Her cbc looked completely normal except for low platelets. However, now her monocytes are at 3.9 x 10 9 and her wbc’s are elevated.

I’m glad your mom is doing well on the Vidaza. Hope she is feeling well. Take care, Jody

Jack_dup1

Hi Jody,
    I was on Gleevac for 6 weeks with no change in numbers. At this point they say I am to healthy for SCT, my sister is a perfect match. My mono’s are climbing, they are at 5100. Local Hemo says it’s time to think about Vidaza, Cen. of Excell. hemo says to wait. My WBC is 23, plt 118,000, rbc normal. I feel good, just tire easily.
    Regards
    Jack

B. Greene

Yeah. We all are so happy to hear good news. Barbra

Terri

That is great news, Hope it continues

KATHY1

Woo Hoo! Let’s keep the good news coming!

Kathy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert