MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Sometimes it just helps to share the burden….

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Sometimes it just helps to share the burden….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    patti
    choijk

Patti,
    I am so so so sorry to hear about your mom’s condition at this time. I will pray for your mom tonight for her recovery and that if it is her time to go, that she will not be in pain. Please continue to have faith at this time even though the light seems dim …….. Yours truly, June

eve

how hard it is to watch our loved ones go – may you find comfort in knowing that her suffering will be over and that her presence will always be with you

eve

Bkwits

Oh Patti, I am feel so sad for you. I have followed your posts for two years, and you certainly have been a loving and involved caregiver. I know how drained you must feel. Take care and trust in the Lord. May your Mom find comfort and peace.
    Barb

jaxem

patti
    being a caregiver like you, i empathize with what you must be going through. hang in there. the best to you and your family.

lynette

Patti,
    Your MIL is in my prayers. It is SO hard to see a loved one struggle and suffer.
    Lynette

Alice S
    Participant

Patti
    I have been thinking you and MIL since you mentioned in a post that she has not been well. I do believe you when you say it is hard to for you, she has become a part of your very existance and you have fought so hard to squeeze as much time as possible for her here on earth. I now that she must love you very much for all you have done and in the comming years you will find peace knowing that you did more than most daughters would ever do!

I know that your MIL will find peace and comfort with God, it’ll be harder for you in the weeks to come. We on the forum will be here so if you feel like crying, do so, we understand.

I am going to send you a prayer and light in the coming days.
    Alice

Caroline

Patti.

It has been a long fight for all of you. The time that you spent finding alternate methods to help your Mom to gain extra time above what the doctors recommended was well worth it. You had more time to enjoy each other and to make plans for the next phase in your lives. Your adjustments will not be easy for any of you. Your faith has helped you to get through the past few years and it will continue to do so. You will be separated from your Mom for awhile but you know that it is only temporary and you will all be together again soon.

My prayers and friendship will be with you as you go through the next months. The Peace of Christ will be with you to guide the way.

Blessings,
    Caroline

seekay

Dear Patti,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother in law. I have been so impressed by the close relationship you have with her; you are like her flesh and blood.

The path you took, choosing natural, nontoxic means to help her body deal with the MDS, was a brave and worthwhile decision; and I believe it allowed her a much healthier quality of life than if she had chosen conventional drugs alone.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us on this forum. I know it has helped me and others. I am thinking about all of you during this difficult time.

With love,

Christine

Zoe

Patti,

I am so sorry for you pain. Your MIL has had wonderful support from you in so many ways. I am glad she has you.

Zoe

bety

Patti,
    These are very hard times for you and yours. I hope the end will be peaceful and without pain. We are all grateful for your involvement with your mil and the forum. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
    I hope you will continue being in touch with us, if you have some spare time. Your posts and your caring have meant a lot to me and I’m sure, to most of the forum members.
    All the best, bety

J.claire

Thank you for sharing this difficult time with us, Patty. When a day goes by and we don’t hear from you, I worry, since every day must be so difficult right now. I’m sorry. I hope the sharing of the burden lightened it a bit. We all care about you so much. You are always there for every one of us. I hate this stupid disease. (Is it ok to be angry???? I guess so.)

SandyB

Mike and I both will have you and your MIL in our prayers. May you all be blessed during these difficult times.

KWJ

I am so sorry. If you need anything let me know, I am only 10 minutes. This is so hard. I know it is. Words just won’t do right now but know that we are all thinking about you amd saying a soft prayer.

helenr

Patti

I am sorry to hear that your fight for your mother is nearing its end. You have been a tower of strength and I think this helps others stay positive. Stay strong and care for yourself.

Helen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert