MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Sometimes it just helps to share the burden….

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Sometimes it just helps to share the burden….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    PAG2005

Patti,

My prayers have been with you and your MIL. I hope your MIL is aware your SIL is handling this well and developing a good relationship with you. I’m sure that is a part of the reason she is holding on. My great aunt had a daughter that was dependent and my aunt was so strong like your MIL. I have followed your posts for a long time and my heart aches for you and your family. God be with your family and your MIL.

patti

Mom went home to the Lord today at 7:45am. She went peacefully in her sleep. I was not by her side when she died and for that I am very sad. But I also told the Lord that if I wasn’t, I would take it as from Him that he didn’t want me to be there. And so that’s how I take it. Instead, my lazy butt was home in bed trying to make up for 9 days of little to no sleep. In some ways I wonder if mom was waiting for me to leave before she could/would let go. She knew I had come home for the night last night. Only God knows.

For now, we move on. We’re sad for our loss but have joy in our hearts that she has a new body and no disease.

Patti

chuckk333

May God bless you for being the person that you are. I am awed by your accounts of your support for your MIL ever since I found this forum shortly after I was DX’d almost a year ago,and about the time and interest and help to others that you have provided to this forum.

My heart goes out to you in this time of grief, but knowing that your MIL is over the period of her suffering and is a better place will no doubt help you through this.

Chuck

lynette

Patti,
    I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Lynette

eve

patti

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time

eve

KWJ

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please let me know if I can do anything.

Terri

Patti, I am so sorry for your loss, My prayers will continue for you and your family and hope that time provides you comfort and peace.
    God Bless you

ButchL
    Participant

Patti,

I am very sorry for your loss. You were a great caregiver.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

Butch

Sandy L

Hi Parri

I have not been on in so long and today I log on and see your post. My deepest sympathy goes to you and your family. You have always been my inspiration/ Take solance knowing that your MIL is finally at rest and that she knew how lucky she was to have you.

Love always

Sandy

bety

Dear Patti,
    We are all saddened by your loss. From my experience, working with dying patients, as long as you hung around, they tended to hang on. Once they were left alone for a few minutes, they passed away peacefully.

With my brother, it was different. He had not seen me for a couple of years (three thousand miles apart). I was quite ill; he wanted very much to see me before the end. My internist felt I should not make the trip, but since I insisted, he arranged for me to have oxygen on the plane. When I entered his room, where he was getting hospice care, he opened his eyes and asked where is Ed (my husband). Ed greeted him. My brother then closed his eyes and passed peacefully soon after. He was waiting for me to say goodbye.
    On the other hand, my mother waited for us to leave her bedside, before leaving us.
    Your MIL, I believe, was the general case. She needed to be alone to let go.
    All the best. bety

Bkwits

Dear Patti,
    I think Bety’s observations are very real. Don’t be hard on yourself for not being there at the end. I’m sure that your MIL felt loved and cared-for at all times. There will be an empty space in your life now. You must know that you did everything you could possibly do. It was just time for her to pass on to a better place. It must have been a great comfort to her to know that you and your husband will be caring for her challenged daughter.
    May God bless you and your family, and comfort you in your sorrow.
    Barb

Sapphire

Patti, My thoughts and prayers are with you. You have been such an inspiration and I hope it comforts you to see how many here on the forum hold you and your mother in law in prayer. Take care, Mary

Caroline

Patti,

Please accept my condolences. You have been a model daughter-in-law and a great friend to your Mom. You did all that you could and then some over the past years. She knew that and will smile down on you as she helps you in the coming years.

My prayers are with you and your family. The next chapter of your life is opening up now and I’ll pray that things go smoothly as you take in your sister-in-law. She is obviously in excellent hands.

Blessings,
    Caroline

sdrake

Patti,

You and your family are in my prayers.

Take care,
    Shari

J.claire

Dear Patty,
    My heart and prayers go out to you and your family at this very difficult time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert