MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Stem Cell Transplant

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Stem Cell Transplant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Cammie Vogel
    Participant

Hi, I’m reaching out for my dad. He needs a stem cell transplant soon and they found a 10/10 match. He is trying to make his decision and really wants to speak to someone who has been through the transplant. Anyone out there that’s been through it, I would greatly appreciate if I could connect you with him, it’s crucial to him making his decision. He can’t seem to get connected with anyone. He would get the transplant at City of Hope, if someone had a transplant there, it would be a huge bonus.

Dale Frank
    Participant

Cammie,

I was at City of Hope considering a stem cell transplant and they gave me a 140 page book, “A Patient’s Guide to Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplantation” written by a successful transplant patient. The book details his journey. I found it helpful. I also read and enjoyed “Everybody’s Got Something” by ABC news anchor Robin Roberts, who had a transplant in 2012-2013.

Hope this helps.

jeffs12340
    Participant

Hi there Cammie,

I had an allogeneic stem cell transplant Sept 2018. Happy to share anything I can. Let me know

Jeremy

Cammie Vogel
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for your response, that would be amazing if you could speak to him. Would you mind giving him a call? His number is 310-600-0314.

Thanks again!
    Cammie

jeffs12340
    Participant

He can call me 714-594-9532 when it’s a good time for him

Kathie Wolf
    Participant

My husband, age 73, is being referred to Stanford for a consultation for a bone marrow transplant. Jeff, could he call you also?

jeffs12340
    Participant

Hi Kathy,

Of course any time, my # is 714-594-9532

PATRICK CAMMARANO
    Participant

Cammie : You might want to read in this forum posted by Rose Eden Guanzon Dated April 4, 2019 titled Transplant Diary. It is worth reading.

Wendy Aaronson
    Participant

My husband is in the hospital starting his transplant. Very scary, but the only cure.
    We are at Sylvester in Miami. My stomach is in knots but I’m trying to be positive.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert