MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

T8, MDS, PNH

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board T8, MDS, PNH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kathryn Starlyn
    Participant

Greetings.

I am new to the message board. I was diagnosed with MDS February 2017. The bone marrow biopsy revealed trisomy 8. Is there anyone here with t8 and MDS? I have been on wait and watch since February 2017. My numbers are staying very steady and my numbers are not terribly terribly low. Borderline normal in most cases. These diseases make me nervous because wait and watch is a blessing but yet I feel like I should be doing something to treat it. I have done tons of research being my own best advocate. As I understand it having t8 puts me in the intermediate MDS risk group. My clone size is less than 2% at this point. I understand that MDS can progressed AML and the AML is less responsive to treatment because of the trisomy 8. I am not very open to a transplant. Regarding everything I’ve read about it it does not seem worth it to me. If anybody has any insights to some of these specifics it would be greatly appreciated thank you

mdsfound

Dear Kathryn, Thank you for posting information regarding your health. I know this is a difficult situation for you and I would recommend that you go to one of our Centers of Excellence in MDS for a second opinion just to make sure you are not being undertreated. Following is a link to our Centers of Excellence worldwide https://www.mds-foundation.org/mds-centeres-of-excellence/.

Chelsea Clark
    Participant

The human eye is a sense organ that reacts to light and allows vision. Rod and cone cells in the retina allow conscious light perception and vision including color differentiation and the perception of depth.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert