MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Thank you to the MDS Foundation

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Thank you to the MDS Foundation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rita Knopick
    Participant

I want to say “Thank you” to the MDS Foundation for all of the information and help they have provided me as a care giver for the past 3 years. My husband was diagnosed 3 years ago with MDS very high risk and only given 12-18 months to live. He was on dacogen every month until June of this year when he transitioned to AML. We tried Venclexta and injections starting in June, but he passed away July 23. The Foundation was so very helpful with helping us with a second opinion at a Center of Excellence. This Patient message board has been a great help to me as a care giver as well. Patients and Care Givers never loose HOPE. Someday a cure for this disease will be found.

Marie Miguel
    Participant

Aww a big hug and condolence, Rita.

Kathie Wolf
    Participant

So sorry to hear of your husbands passing. Hugs and prayers for you and your family. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Rita, We were saddened to hear the news of Stephen’s passing and know how much you miss him. Our prayers are with you and your family and remember all the good times and memories you have to cherish. Hopefully, another treatment, and eventually a cure, will result from our efforts. Most sincerely, The MDS Foundation

Robert Bartoletti
    Participant

I have been recently diagnosed with MDS. Just Googling steered me to the MDS Foundation website. It is a bright light among all the dark clouds surrounding my family and I right now.
    Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert