MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

The drug Lyrica

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board The drug Lyrica

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carol Ward
    Participant

Is there anyone taking Lyrica that has found it to help with pain from joint degeneration.

lisab
    Participant

I took Lyrica several years ago for a pinched nerve in my back. Didn’t help my arthritis. I didn’t like the side effects of it either. At first I was light headed and dizzy but as I got used to I was only light headed when I bent over. I also had to wien myself off it when it was time to stop. It did help with the nerve pain but hated the side effects. Anyone I know that has taken it did for neuropathy Or pinched nerves.
    Good luck! Hope it works for you.

Robin Smith
    Participant

Looking for hematologist recommendations in the Richmond, Virginia metro area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sending all good thoughts and prayers for all. Take good care..

Robin Smith
    Participant

Carol, I’m so sorry my message ended up in your thread! Clearly I need another coffee this morning. I’ve attempted to edit/delete but so far no luck.

Carol Ward
    Participant

Can I ask you what dosage you took. I am on 25mg twice a day. My concern is i take antidepressants however the doctor told me it would not interfere. I am only on them for 2 months. Thank you for letting me know it didn’t help with arthritis.

lisab
    Participant

I can’t remember what dose I started at. I do remember being given a low dose to start and then it was increased.
    I have no experience with antidepressants so I can’t help there.
    It didn’t seem to help my arthritis. I do take glucosamine confronting and arthritis tylenol when it is bad. I find that this works but I’m not pain free. I have to put up with some pain. Exercise helps as well. I’m not permitted anti inflammatory meds as it conflicts with other meds I take.
    As I’ve said before what works for me may not work for everyone.
    Best wishes to you and I hope Lyrica works for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert