MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

The good news is over…

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board The good news is over…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

Thank you for all of the well wishes and for sharing my happiness. However good things may have seemed, dad has transferred to AML. They’re giving him two weeks (if he opts for no more transfusions). He’s leaning in that direction and will probably seek hospice.

This is not quite a surprise but it’s still a shock.

I was supposed to go there on Friday for the weekend (his 55th birthday is Saturday) but his doctor (Dr. Wexler) suggests that I come sooner. This may happen very fast.

I’m sorry for the bad news, guys. We fought as hard as we could. Now it’s time to start letting go.

I’ll keep you informed either by logging in or by contacting ButchL or Kathryn.

Love,
    Carrie

Kathryn

Oh Carrie, I am so sorry. I am here for you. You & your family are in my prayers.

w/ love, hugs, & my very best wishes,

Kat.

Donna

I’m so sorry Carrie. My prayers are with you and your family.

Donna

shirlsgirl

Oh no Carrie,

I’m so sorry. I will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way. Hope your Dad is comfortable, and I hope you and your mom and family are okay.

take care,

Jody

Carrie

Thank you all. I can’t believe this is happening.
    I’m leaving tomorrow after work. My boss is letting me have his laptop to try to get some work done while I’m there (big projects due soon).

My sister just told me that, once he’s in hospice and they stop the tranfusions, it could be as little as a day. She thinks he’s waiting for me to come. Rough news for me. I’m at work and I’m trying not to cry all day.

Love,
    Crrie

Terri

God Bless you Carrier, my prayers are with you and the family I am so sorry to hear this sad news.

DonUK

Carrie, may God bless you all. I can’t tell you how sorry I am having read your previous post.

Try and be as strong as you can for your dad.

I am so sorry, words are never enough.

ButchL
    Participant

Carrie,

I’m so sorry. Anything you need at all. Just call. Rides, whatever, I’m here…..

You are all in my prayers…..

Butch

Suzanne

Carrie, I am sorry. I know it is hard for you and the rest of the family. I do want you to know that a friend here with AML just went through that process. She toohad no more transfusions, went home and called Hospice. The time was short-pretty much what the doctors predicted-but she felt pretty well-a group of us friends and neighbors even went for several “happy hours” with her. Then hospice was able to keep her comfortable for the last few days. As a patient with this disease I have to say, everyone goes sometime-this may be earlier in life then we would want but fast and without discomfort is not a bad way.

Carrie,

I am so sorry for you and your family. I know exactly how you feel. The pain is overwhelming. It will be seven months this Friday that my father passed away. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of him or cry for him.

My prayers or with you and your family.

Marsha

Carrie,

My prayers are being sent to you and your family as you go thru these next few days. Sounds like your dad’s hospice is very peaceful. Hope you find the strength to get thru all of this.

God Bless, Marsha

patti

Carrie,

Wishing you strength through this time. It’s never easy to say good-bye. We will pray for your dad and family during our family devotions this evening.

Patti

sarah

Carrie, prayers are with you and your family

Kathy TN

Carrie-
    I am so sorry – my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Kathy

Ensnee

Oh, Carrie, I’m so very, very sorry. Your heart must be breaking. You’ve all done what you can to help your dad, and he has put up a brave fight. I’m thinking of you all.

many hugs,
    Esme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert