MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Tiredness

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Tiredness

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    blv53
    Participant

Diagnosed with MDS in September. Currently on round 3 of chemo. How can i manage my tiredness?

Kevin Dugan
    Participant

I don’t think there is any easy answer to this. Just rest when you are tired, sleep as much as you can, restrict activities, eat a good diet. You can’t do what you use to be able to do, but when you feel up to it, take a walk, get fresh air. You have to put other things aside for now, your focus has to be on yourself.

Kathy Lynch
    Participant

You have asked the preferable question! As Kevin said there is no good answer…WELCOME to the number one answer pertaining to MDS! What is often frustrating and a bit scary is almost none of us have the same symptoms to this disease or it’s treatments.
    Kevin is right, one of the most important things we-you have to learn is to listen to your body and give it-YOU what you need. For many of us learning that it one of the hardest lessons. I have always been a 100 mile an hour person… I have HAD to learn that I can no longer do that. I am one of those who now is tired most of the time…frustrating but ti is what it is and fighting it gets me nowhere…trust me I tried! I am not a overly (?) religious person but I really feel like God has said “I NEED you to pay attention…time to take care of you!” Good luck with your treatments….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert